TRAK 2.0

• 22.5" Width

TRAK 2.0 Description

Meet the TRAK 2.0; the extremely durable, seaworthy, 16 ft portable kayak. After working with paddlers worldwide, we engineered the Ultimate Touring Kayak. The 2.0 is a tough, light, and versatile kayak that can be paddled in any water conditions. Its 10 min set-up and travel bag system allows you to get it around with ease. As a portable craft built for kayakers, it is now the world's most crowdfunded.

TRAK 2.0 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the TRAK 2.0.

TRAK 2.0 Specifications

• Length: 16'
  • Width: 22.5"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 30.50 × 16.50"
  • Primary Material: Folding/Inflatable

Military-grade polyurethane skin on aluminum and carbon-fiber frame.

TRAK 2.0 Features

• Structure: Folding
  • Cockpit Type: Sit Inside
  • Hull Shape: V-Bottom
  • Chine: Hard

• Some Available Options Include:
  • TRAK 2.0 Sea Sock (Box-end for more room + frame clips)
  • Flexhaul Backpack Harness

• Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child, Average Adult

Where to Buy the TRAK 2.0

TRAK Kayaks
TRAK 2.0 Reviews

Read reviews for the TRAK 2.0 by TRAK Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This review is not for the...

This review is not for the Trak 2.0 kayak which I hear is a decent product. This review is for the company that makes the kayak and it tears me up to write this. I never leave reviews and have never left a negative review for a company before but I feel that it would be doing a disservice to the paddling community not to inform you of my experience.

I cannot recommend ordering anything from this company until they sort out their manufacturing issues.

Early backers have had over a two year delay from the date their order was placed. I have been waiting almost a year after being told it would be ready from the order page in six months after placing my order through the company's website. This wasn't a Kickstarter backing for me but sending my money to a company directly through their direct sales website. What I've received in return are false promises and almost no information.

Communication has been tremendously awful, and it is only due to the hard work of a few dedicated non-staff members on a Facebook page that any information has been transmitted from the company about order delays and arrivals.

The company refuses to answer individual questions about orders or delays instead focusing on getting what boats they have received out to customers. I understand the small number of staff have limited resources but this is not the way to ensure repeat business.

Refunds are not allowed based on the purchasing contract after 90 days and with no communication from the company your money will be taken and sent into a black hole of non-information. Each email contains only new delays in the manufacturing process and promises to attend amazing trips and join their community . Alas, it is hard to join a community of kayakers without a boat.

It was estimated I would receive a boat in March of 2019 then May of 2019 and now it looks like October to December of 2019. I wouldnt be surprised if i don't receive anything until late 2020. What is even more frustrating is that you can today (August 2019) put in an order for expected delivery in March or April of 2020. Based on the previous experiences with this company that delivery timeframe seems impossible.

I imagine I will one day get a boat from them long after I have moved away from the sea and from what I have heard they are good boats. If you have the chance to buy someone's I would say go for it. I would not give my money again to a company that has such poor communication skills and keeps thousands of people waiting with little information. I have seen little information on general website about this product other than glowing reviews. The people that have them love them it seems. However hundreds of other people who have ordered boats are having a similar experience to mine. I learned my lesson and won't be buying a boat like this unless I can see it.

I do hope they get their issues figured out. I do hope they end up producing a great quantity of amazing quality boats and I do sympathize with how challenging it must be to receive over a thousand orders for your great product and have to make them, but at the moment put your hard earned money elsewhere.

For the price I could have purchased numerous other high performance touring boats, even a slightly less capable folding boat like the Orkut is better than no boat at all.

With kind regards and hoping Trak can turn this around. I would love to update this review to note how they did right by the thousands of people that have backed them with better communication and honesty towards the community that they are trying to build.

Though I had great...

Though I had great communication and support with Trak for my first version of the kayak, the extremely long delays and lack of communication on the updated gear has been extremely frustrating.

If you are on the market...

If you are on the market for a Trak kayak, read this thread on the message board: https://forums.paddling.com/discussion/2938833/trak-2-0-whats-not-to-like-about-it

While the kayak itself seems to be great, the way Trak is handling orders and communicating with customers is unacceptable. Trak is not fulfilling orders in the 6 months window they advertised and it is almost impossible to get an answer from the company after you place your order (before ordering, you will be flooded with emails and proposals to meet a Trak ambassador). The problem has been going on for over a year and Trak still keeps selling in the same way. Some of the original Kickstarter backers have not received their boat yet!!!

Be aware before you jump in!

If you are a sea kayaker...

If you are a sea kayaker on the move and like to travel but want a a kayak you know then look no further. The kayak fold into a wheeled travel bag that comes in at around 50 lbs. As for the kayak it is easy to assemble and has a super tough skin. It has decent initial stability and great performance. The hard chines add to its ability to edge and it rolls like a hard shell. It can hold a fair amount of equipment in the flotation bags so it is good for kayak camping. Not as easy to load as a kayak with hatches and bulkheads but you can not take those on a plane. With the adjustable rocker it has great tracking and surf ability. Thigh braces are adjustable and has adjustable foot pegs. Great kayak for travelers and paddlers low on storage space.

This portable kayak is...

This portable kayak is easy to assemble and disassemble. No issues repacking it into its travel case and there is plenty of room to put my PFD and 4 piece paddle in the bag. Responsive on the water and has great edging properties. Rolls well and tracks better than expected. It is also very versatile with the ability to change the rocker. Paddles well in following seas and in choppy waters as we get on the Chesapeake Bay. Performs much like a hard shell kayak which I did not expect from a portable kayak.

Floats smoothly through...

Floats smoothly through the water barely disturbing the surface... Like floating on a cloud