M.I.T. 100 Inflatable PFD (Manual) Description
This easy to wear and easy to use inflatable PFD features Membrane Inflatable Technology™ inside to reduce product weight and create a lighter and more flexible fit.
Read and submit reviews for the M.I.T. 100 Inflatable PFD (Manual).
M.I.T. 100 Inflatable PFD (Manual) Specs and Features
- Material Description: 500 Denier Cordura® outer shell
- 500 Denier Cordura® outer shell
- Manual inflation only – will only inflate when you pull the activation cord
- Exclusive Membrane Inflatable Technology™ inflation cell
- Inflator inspection window and easy access flap
- 1-fold, easy to repack design
- Provides 28 lb (100 N) buoyancy when inflated - 1.5x regular foam PFDs
- Recommended for people who expect to be in the water. Not recommended for people who may be unconscious upon water entry.
M.I.T. 100 Inflatable PFD (Manual) Reviews
I bought the Mustang…
I bought the Mustang Survival M.I.T. inflatable PFD (manual inflate version) to use during the heat of the summer. I use a conventional PFD for the rest of the year. I usually wear my PFD at all times but the summer months in Alabama prove to be too hot. I love the light weight of the inflatable PFD--you feel as if you are not wearing a PFD at all. I bought the manual version of the M.I.T. 100 as I didn't want the PFD to auto-inflate if it fell into the water.
The only negatives to this PFD (I kayak to fish!) is the absence any accessory points on the PFD. I would get use out of a knife attachment point, a pocket and a loop of some kind (for a zinger). These negatives are not deal breakers. I bought the M.I.T. on sale and it was a very good purchase for my needs.
Just note that an inflatable PFD must be worn at all times when on the water to be legal unlike a traditional PFD, which just must be present in the kayak when on the water.