12 Product Ideas for Kayak Storage
Whether you have a winter offseason or not, proper boat storage is important when not in use. Fortunately, there are storage systems designed for every imaginable vertical or horizontal nook and cranny. There are kayak wall racks, freestanding racks, protective covers, hoister systems, ceiling racks, and much more. Check out these 12 different storage ideas below or check the entire Kayak Storage Buyers Guide to see them all and read reviews.
12 Products for Kayak Storage
- KC-103 Dual Kayak Rack by Sparehand Paddlesports
- JAY Wall Mount Rack by Suspenz Storage & Transport
- Deluxe 3-Boat Free-standing Rack by Suspenz Storage & Transport
- Aluminum Wall Cradles by Seattle Sports
- Brat Kayak Cover by Danuu Paddle Gear
- Hoister Storage System — 75-200 lb Load by Harken, Inc.
- TF-204-2S Sparehand Freestanding Triple Kayak or SUP Rack by Sparehand Paddlesports
- Kayak Hanger by Salamander Paddle Gear
- SlingOne Single Kayak Hoist Storage System by Malone Auto Racks
- Sherpak Hoist by Seattle Sports
- Ceiling Rack by Suspenz Storage & Transport
- Yak Wrap Playpen by Salamander Paddle Gear
1. KC-103 Dual Kayak Rack
The Sparehand KC-103 “Catalina” Freestanding Double Kayak or Canoe Storage Rack has a 175-pound maximum weight capacity and is a convenient storage solution for any style of kayak or SUP. Constructed of durable steel with a black finish, this unit stores a maximum of (2) kayaks or SUPs off the ground and out of the way. The KC-103 can be used in all weather conditions for indoor and outdoor use and features a rust resistant coating. This storage rack has an exclusive flat top cradle that lets you store a larger kayak or canoe on the top level. The rack’s sturdy 48-inch by 46-inch base prevents the rack from tipping over and keeps even the heaviest kayak stored securely. This heavy-duty rack fit kayaks and canoes with a length up to 20-feet and a hull size up to 36-inches wide and 18-inches deep. Sparehand’s unique and accessible design saves space, while making it easy for you to grab and store kayaks and SUPs. This unit is quick to assemble with no drilling into walls or ceilings. The Sparehand KC-103 “Catalina” Freestanding Catalina Double Kayak or Canoe Storage Rack comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty to protect against defects in material and workmanship. Sparehand Systems is dedicated to innovation and simplicity and specializes in high-quality lifestyle and sports products.
- Maximum weight capacity of 175-pounds and stores virtually any style of kayak or SUP
- Stores up to (2) kayaks or SUPs off the ground and out of the way
- Light weight and easy to move around with rust resistant coatings inside and out
- Constructed of durable steel with Powder Coat Finish
- Recommended for indoor use
- Maybe used for outdoor under certain weather and climate conditions with proper care and protections
- Caster Wheels (sold separately) can be added to this system
No one has submitted a review yet for the KC-103 Dual Kayak Rack. Please help out the community and share your experience!
2. JAY Wall Mount Rack
The BEST way to store your boat is to suspend it on straps so there are NO PRESSURE POINTS, it never touches a hard surface! This JAY Rack will cradle your boat and distribute its weight evenly. Included in box: 2 JAY Arms with Safety Straps & Wall Mounting Hardware.
- Material Description: Powder coated steel frame
- Extends 22" from the wall, Height: 26”
- Boat rest on the exclusive CSS (Cradling Strap System) – No pressure points; protects against hull distortion
- Store kayaks on their SIDE at its strongest point
- Adjustable straps to suspend your kayak or SUP correctly
- Module arm that can also attach to Free-Standing rack
- Stores boats up to 125 lbs.
I purchased the Suspenz…
Very Good racks, nice wide…
3. Deluxe 3-Boat Free-standing Rack
The BEST way to store your boat is to suspend it on straps so there are NO PRESSURE POINTS, and loading and unloading is a breeze! This 3-Boat Free-Standing Solution will cradle your boats with load-assist pivot arms. Suspends boats on heavy duty, UV-resistant straps protecting boat from abrasions, dents and hull distortion. Load-assist pivot arms makes loading and unloading your kayak or canoe an easy ONE person job. Reinforced safety straps. The rack adjusts to the width, depth and length of your boat for equal weight distribution. Anchoring hardware are included for locations where you need extra security.
Marine Grade BLACK for use in salt water environments is powder-coated steel with galvanized coating and stainless steel hardware. $629.90
- Material Description: Sturdy steel-core construction with yellow powder coat
- For expansion options see double-sided back leg (sold seperately)
- Tower footprint is 24" x 24", Weights 40 lbs per tower
- Holds boats up to 100 lbs. and 34" wide
- Suspension Bar extends 24" from post
- Indoor or Outdoor use
- Assembled rack dimensions: Footprint: 24" x 24" per tower Height: 6' 4" Deluxe arm Width: 22”
We ordered five of the…
I purchased the 3 kayak free standing model over the holidays.I had…
We recently installed a 3 boat rack in our boathouse. With…
4. Aluminum Wall Cradles
Corrosion-resistant Aluminum Wall Cradles offer rust-free outside boat storage. With heavy-duty 1.25" square aluminum stock, the cradles are as strong as they are good looking! Stainless steel mounting bolts included.
- Wall-mounted outside storage for boats
- Strong 1.25in square aluminum stock
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Corrosion resistant
5. Brat Kayak Cover
Danuu Covers extend the life of your craft by protecting it from the elements and harmful UV rays! These covers are made with a standard of quality that is higher than anyone else and are shown repeatedly to be the best in their class.
The covers are durable and convenient, simply drape it over your craft and cinch the straps for a custom fit. Perfect storage solution for those without the ability to keep their boat inside a garage or shed - also provides unsurpassed protection while traveling.
- Material Description: Reinforced polyester weave, coupled with water resistance, UV protection and breathable
- Length: 9 ft. - 12 ft. 6 in. (up to 3.81 meters)
- Width: 49 in. (124 cm)
- Fits: Solo Kayaks
- Fully Adjustable for Custom Fit
- V-loops along edges for additional strapping points100% Polyester (UV-resistant)
- Reinforced seams and cross stitching at all pressure points
- Light weight fabric with high tech meshing - durable and convenient
- No metal parts that rust
- Easy on/off design
- Water repellent
- Attached Flag Bag adds safety in transport/doubles as convenient storage
- One-year warranty on manufacturing defects
No one has submitted a review yet for the Brat Kayak Cover. Please help out the community and share your experience!
6. Hoister Storage System — 75-200 lb Load
Harken Hoisters store your canoe or kayak overhead, freeing up valuable wall and floor space. The patented block-and-tackle system lifts all points evenly to keep a boat stable and balanced. An integrated, self-locking cleat engages automatically if you let go of the rope. Systems include stainless steel pulleys and metal buckles - everything needed for fast installation.
- Material Description: Stainless steel hardware and braided polyester rope for strength
- Maximum Load: 200 lbs.
- Minimum Load: 75 lbs.
- 4 Lifting Points; up to 200 pounds
- Mechanical Advantage 8:1
I bought the 90 lb system and…
I purchased the 2 point…
These are the way to go, if…
7. TF-204-2S Sparehand Freestanding Triple Kayak or SUP Rack
This Product Has Been Discontinued
The Sparehand TF-204-2S is a freestanding, single-sided storage system for up to three kayaks that features a tools-free assembly. The TF-204-2S has a wide base for placing a larger, heavy kayak (up to 350 pounds), a top cradle for sit-in kayaks or 32-inch SUP (up to 150 pounds), and a center cradle for kayaks up to 28-inch wide (up to 120 pounds). This rack is capable of storing a 44-inch wide kayak when you remove the middle cradle arm or holding an additional fourth kayak with the purchase of an additional cradle arm (sold separately). Use with the Sparehand C-4 caster wheel (sold separately) to transport or move easily from one location to another. The tools-free assembly is quick and easy (less than 10 minutes!), so you can spend more time out in the water. This rack comes with a 1-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty to protect against defects in material and workmanship.
- Material Description: Steel
- No tools required for quick and easy assembly
- Freestanding storage system and display for 3 kayaks or SUPs
- Heavily-padded cradle and an adjustable/removable arm helps protect from scratches and damage
- Top cradle holds kayaks or SUP up to 32" wide and center cradle holds smaller boats up to 28" wide
- Compatible with G-C4 caster wheels (sold separately) for even easier accessibility
- Sparehand Original Design: Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
No one has submitted a review yet for the TF-204-2S Sparehand Freestanding Triple Kayak or SUP Rack. Please help out the community and share your experience!
8. Kayak Hanger
This simple yet very effective kayak hanger system allows you to store boat and paddle off the floor and out of the way, creating additional space for even more toys!
No one has submitted a review yet for the Kayak Hanger. Please help out the community and share your experience!
9. SlingOne Single Kayak Hoist Storage System
Malone's most affordable kayak hanging storage system, the SlingOne™ is perfect to store a single kayak. Suspend from the ceiling or attach this system to a wall. Easily installs in minutes.
- Simple no hassle mounting
- Heavy duty 1.5" webbing
- Easy to use quick connect carabiners
- Adjustable buckles allow for varying kayak widths
- One Year Limited Warranty
No one has submitted a review yet for the SlingOne Single Kayak Hoist Storage System. Please help out the community and share your experience!
10. Sherpak Hoist
Use this heavy-duty hoist for lifting and suspending bikes,storage boxes or boats to the ceiling of your garage, up off the floor.
- Mounting hardware included
- Maximum Load Capacity: 100lb
11. Ceiling Rack
Go "off the wall" with this genius yet simple ceiling rack. The open ends of the dual L-shape design provide convenient access to your watercraft while storing them safely out of the way. Rack arms adjust vertically to accommodate thicker kayaks and thinner boards together.
Included in box: 2 Ceiling Posts 4 Arms Ceiling Mounting Hardware
- Material Description: Powder coated steel frame
- Adjustable vertical spacing
- Can be adjusted to use one or both sides of rack
- Distributes the weight of your kayak, canoe or SUP evenly based on its length by using the Spacing Chart
- Indoor & Outdoor use
- Stores boats up to 100 lbs
- Arms extend 32"
- Ceiling post extends down 19"
- Can be expanded with the Ceiling Expansion Rack
No one has submitted a review yet for the Ceiling Rack. Please help out the community and share your experience!
12. Yak Wrap Playpen
Salamander Yak Wrap Playpen boat bag is built tough to help protect and conceal your boat during travel. The Playpen has a 72" circumference at widest point and gradually steps down to 56*" circumference 15" from bow & stern. Length of Bag is 7'.
- Material Description: 600 Denier poly-cloth exterior with reinforced bow and stern cones
- Rugged 600 Denier poly-cloth exterior with reinforced bow and stern cones
- Webbing grab loop and balanced carrying handle
- Self-repairing #7 coil zipper
- ID pocket
No one has submitted a review yet for the Yak Wrap Playpen. Please help out the community and share your experience!