Chelan 120

Weight (lb)
$799.95
MSRP

Chelan 120 Description

The CHELAN 120 HB (previously the CHELAN ONE HB) keeps the same superior hull speed, tracking capabilities and design elements that make this boat best in class. The CHELAN 120 HB is one of the best-selling touring designs on the market today. With a long waterline, flat rocker and fine piercing bow, this kayak will provide you with great tracking ability and outstanding glide to cover long distances on your adventures with ease. All Chelan HB boats combine Aquaglide's ultra-tough Duratex tube construction with the supremely rigid Hard-Bottom floor.
This combination of materials in the Chelan’s construction creates a stiff and responsive inflatable that performs just as well as a traditional hard shell kayak. The innovative Splash-Guards positioned fore and aft of the cockpit help keep paddlers dry, and the ample accessory straps grace the bow and stern providing easy stowage for dry bags or other gear. Sturdy molded handles are positioned around the boat for convenient boarding and transport. For added comfort, the PRO-formance seats provide an array of thoughtful features including adjustable air cushion, high backrest, plentiful mesh storage pockets, integrated fishing-rod holders, and fore and aft seat straps so that you can enjoy your time on the water to its fullest. High-performance fin system includes stiff, durable, posi-track fin with philips head screw and plate.

Chelan 120 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Chelan 120.

Chelan 120 Specs and Features

• Adjustable air cushion
  • High backrest
  • Plentiful mesh storage pockets
  • Integrated fishing-rod holders
  • Fore and aft seat straps
  • High-performance fin system includes stiff, foiled fin with unique quick-release for easy setup
  • Convenient backpack travel bag included

Aquaglide
Chelan 120 Reviews

Read reviews for the Chelan 120 by Aquaglide as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have used the Chelan 120 HB…

Submitted by: pbenter on 8/21/2020
I have used the Chelan 120 HB for several years, and have been pleased with its overall performance. I had decided to sell my composite 17' sea kayak, and look for something easier to travel with, be lighter, and be easier to enter and exit. I looked at a number of inflatables and was put off by their typical soft low pressure construction. The Chelan uses a semi-high pressure floor (6psi) with more traditional but sturdy side tubes at (3psi). I was amazed the first time I used it as to how well it scooted along. I can easily keep up with equal length rec. hardshell boats. The drop-stitch floor is the same as used for inflatable paddle boards, and you can stand up with no floor deflection, even a with a 220 lb paddler. The boat has some rocker, and I have found I keep it inflated most of the time, and transport it upside down on my car as I would a hardshell, of course suitably secured. The shape handling the wind well on top of the car. One downside is the seat. It has a low pressure inflatable pad, which puts the paddler fairly high in the boat. I don't mind this aspect. I have found I can comfortably use a 215cm high angle paddle with no problem, even with a beam of 36". I attribute this to the high position. But the seat offers questionable support. I fold a towel at the back of the seat to keep my hips from sinking too far rearward and it becoming quite uncomfortable. Mostly it is OK. One disappointment was the reality that I could not use the Greenland style paddle I had crafted and grown fond of with the sea kayak because of the wide beam. This may or may not prompt me to get an all drop-stitch boat with a beam of 24" to be able to try the Greenland paddle again. I like the fairly low weight at 24lbs for the bare boat makes it quite easy to hoist around. Leaving it inflated most of the time, I am never bothered by trapped water in the seams. The boat is quite dry when I return home. Overall, pretty high marks for this boat.

Ive used the dual seat…

Submitted by: guest-paddler on 6/14/2020
Ive used the dual seat version if this on sea, canals and rivers and found it to be extremely good. Would recommend it very much and well worth the money.

I began a search for an…

Submitted by: pbenter on 9/18/2018

I began a search for an inflatable two years ago. I wanted a boat that would pack small enough to fit in a reasonable size car top cargo box. for extended travel. It folds to 25x9x21. I discovered the Aquaglide line and was impressed with the drop-stitch construction claims about the hull rigidity bow the Chelan HB 1. It inflates to around 6psi and is as rigid as any inflatable paddle board, easily holding my standing weight..

I am 6',#210, and the boat tracks well with the 7" detachable skeg and scoots along better than I thought it would. I do add about 10 lbs in the bow to help a slight zig zag. I come from about six years of sea kayaking at about an intermediate level with a 17' WS Tempest. I realized I could not get into as shallow water as the Tempest with its retractable skeg. This took some bumping into logs to develop a feel for the skeg. which is actually a bit awkward to install and remove, and probably something best not done after enjoyment of an adult beverage.

At 36" wide, I discovered I could not use my Greenland paddle, which I had grown fond of. Either you need to use a quite long paddle for low angle technique, or go to more high angle stroke. I use a 215cm, high angle paddle, which works fine.

The boat is so rigid I discovered it travels very well upside down on my car rack when inflated. With the rocker design of the hull it rides well aerodynamically. Properly strapped down, I have gone on the highway with it with no issues. I leave it inflated in J-racks in the garage. It does not lose pressure. I check inflation every few months.

The seating system is nice to use and very adjustable to suit the paddler, same with the foot rest. The partially enclosed bow and stern are also nice. It nicely manufactured. No issues with the quality.