Baffin 1

by Boreal Design

The Baffin is built for the rigors of rough seas. Its unique hull design provides paddlers with a lively yet stable boat compared to other Greenland style kayaks. The three models in the series are well suited for a wide range of paddlers who demand immediate control and predictability.

The generous sized opening of the hatch allows paddlers to load up adequate amounts of gear for up to two weeks, while the day hatch keeps your essentials handy while on the water. The Baffin comes with a full complement of deck rigging and a comfortably outed cockpit.

This versatile series makes choosing a kayak a breeze. There are three different sizes, each available in rotomolded plastic, thermoformed ABS or composite construction. See the table below for technical specifications and paddler weight range for each model.

I bought a P1 (poly) last summer, and love it. It's…

I bought a P1 (poly) last summer, and love it. It's a perfect size for a small person. It gives me great control. I can easily get back into my boat after a wet exit, so important as I am not a super strong person. It tracks well in a rear wind with the skeg down. The seat is comfortable, even on long paddles. Since we only use our 2 Baffins for day trips, the low volume isn't a problem.

I'm a big fan of this boat. Fast, nimble, tracks well…

I'm a big fan of this boat. Fast, nimble, tracks well, edges well,and the smaller p1 is a good fit for those of us on the small side. The lower back deck makes the cowboy scramble insanely easy.

Only things I would change.... the seat: Boreal's seat is good, but it could use some more adjustment options like the WS seating system, and the thigh braces could be more aggressive.
Overall though a great boat for smaller paddlers.