Win a Kayak or SUP

Sting Ray Hybrid Reviews

Read reviews for the Sting Ray Hybrid by Aqua-Bound as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I ended up with this...

I ended up with this paddle, rather by accident, as it was included with a used kayak I had purchased, and I could not be happier. At the time, my primary paddle was a $350.00 Werner Camano Carbon, which developed cracks on both blades. Werner told me they would repair my Camano, for $260.00, which is roughly $130.00 more than the Aqua-Bound Sting Ray Carbon costs, brand new. With the Sting Ray weighing only 5 ounces more than the Camano, I simply could not see any reason to go back to the Werner.

The Sting Ray uses a carbon fiber shaft, which cuts the weight down considerably, and fiberglass infused blades, which, judging by the amount of physical abuse I tend to throw at my paddles, are considerably sturdier than the more costly carbon fiber blades on my Werner. Another point in the Aqua-Bound paddle's favor, is the shaft locking system, which they call Posi-Lock. This ferrule is as adjustable as that found on my Werner, however, it is far more forgiving. My Werner was constantly getting stuck together, as I was fairly negligent in cleaning the internal parts. My Aqua-Bound has never stuck together.

It's at this point that you need to ask yourself, is it worth it, buying a Werner? They cost $240.00 more than an Aqua-Bound, are less forgiving than an Aqua-Bound, are not as durable as an Aqua-Bound, and all that they offer is weighing 5 ounces less than the Aqua-Bound.

For me, it's a no-brainer.

Win a Kayak or SUP