How to Catch Flounder
Nathan Joel Rich of Southern Salt Kayak Fishing takes you on a fishing trip to catch some flounder. He shares several easy tips to help you catch more flounder!
Flounder fishing can be a difficult and frustrating process at times, but these easy tips will help you catch flounder on every trip.
- Modify a curl tail jig by removing the curl tail and adding a 4-inch Gulp! Grub.
- Throw some extra cast whenever you come up to a defined drain to make sure you are covering it thoroughly.
- When throwing a lure for flounder, give it 5-6 rapid bounces as you are reeling in your slack. This fluttering movement will trigger those strikes.
- Always set the hook when you feel any kind of tension on you, even if you’re not sure what it is.
- Use a lure with a flat head, such as the Buggs curl tail jig, so that the lure can sit flat on the mud without creating a mud plume.
Subscribe to Southern Salt Kayak Fishing on Youtube for more kayak fishing tips!