Quest 100X Angler Description
The QUEST 100X ANGLER fishing kayak is perfect for the angler looking for an open space to bring extra gear and to be able to stand-up safely on the kayak. All of Pelican's boats have been thoughtfully designed with the most convenient and comfortable features to suit each paddler’s specific needs. The outdoors is now within your reach with the perfect boat waiting for you.
Read and submit reviews for the Quest 100X Angler.
- Twin-arched Multi Chine Hull offers excellent stability giving you a secure and steady ride
- Added floating blocks on each side of the kayak ensures your safety and peace of mind during your ride
- Exceptionally durable high molecular density polyethylene means less material is needed to produce each boat
- Patented Ram-X material is known for its high resistance to impacts and will make your kayak last through time
- Adjustable Ergoform padded backrest with Ergobase seat pad
Quest 100X Angler Reviews
I am a NE coast transplant…
I am a NE coast transplant to SW Virginia. I grew up boating on Long Island, NY and, although I love the Blue Ridge Mountains, I have missed being on the water. I am a newbie to kayaking and took up kayaking for the first time this 2021 summer. It didn’t take long for me to fall in love with it and know I wanted my own boat. I started renting SOT and sit-in kayaks to explore the James River Water Trail. I did a lot of research on various brands and styles and knew I wanted a Pelican sit-in brand due to their reputation. As a newbie to kayaking I didn’t know exactly what I wanted from a kayak and found the Pelican Quest 100x sit-in at a great price. I decided on this model because of the Pelican brand and it has a couple of fishing rod holders in case I wanted to try some freshwater fishing (haven’t tried it yet). If you are an avid fisherman this model is probably not for you but if you just want to throw a line in the water now and again it will do. You can’t stand up in the sit-in version and expect not to go swimming!
I have explored the James River and paddled a local reservoir approximately 10 times with this boat and I am loving it! I think this is a great entry-level recreational kayak!
1) The front covered storage is not water proof and is too shallow for more than a few small items.
2) The lack of attachment points to secure other items which is easily remedied with a trip to you local hardware store.
3) The webbing on the back deck would be better if it was just bungee cord. The webbing doesn’t stretch enough to secure even a small cooler. This is also remedied by using your own bungees.