Delta 15.5 GT

Delta 15.5 GT Description

The Delta 15.5GT is a comfortable cruising kayak with superior load-carrying capacity and sure-footed performance that inspires confidence in all conditions. This expedition-ready kayak offers excellent speed and handling without compromising stability, thanks to an extended waterline and moderate V-shaped hull that keeps paddlers on course in almost any sea state. The 15.5GT is equipped for multi-day adventures, with Press-Lock hatches, adjustable Contour II Seat System and a full complement of deck rigging. With its moderate beam and leggy waterline, this kayak delivers the rock-solid stability and impressive glide that give you the confidence to tour farther.

Delta 15.5 GT Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Delta 15.5 GT.

Delta 15.5 GT Specifications

• Length: 15' 6"
  • Width: 24"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 32.00 × 17.00"
  • Deck Height: 13"

• Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child, Average Adult

Where to Buy the Delta 15.5 GT

Delta Kayaks
Delta 15.5 GT Reviews

Read reviews for the Delta 15.5 GT by Delta Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

First off, this is my...

First off, this is my first kayak, but I have tried out a number of others for doing day tours, and rec paddling. Got the Delta 15.5GT, as I was looking for a quality entry level touring kayak. In this price range, I liked that it was not made overseas, had a good reputation, came with rudder, day hatch, and the recessed bungee channels.

The padded seat was easy to adjust forward and back/up and down. The foot pedals are also easy to adjust, and use the gas pedal system for controlling the rudder.

It seems like initial and secondary stability are good with just me in the boat, I had to lean quite far over before I started to feel like I "might" tip. I will have to update once it gets loaded with gear. Once I got my paddling technique down, it was easy to get up to speed, and required minimal effort to maintain a constant heading in light chop and motor boat wakes. Turning was maybe a bit sluggish, but I will put that down to paddling technique more than anything.

After researching all...

After researching all Winter a friend and I both got Delta 15.5GTs. I've had mine out on medium size rivers, salt estuaries, expansive lakes, and inshore ocean, for day trips & 7 day camping trips. I'm 6'2', 210#

My Review:
They're light, stable, track well, fast, and glide well.
Holds enough gear for 10 days camping.
Handling is crisp when fully loaded or empty.
Beautiful fit & finish.I get comments all the time.
My most recent trip was Island hopping camping in the Adirondacks. With a relaxed paddle of about 8-10 strokes then glide I was averaging 3.3 mph on 2-3 hour paddles.I was able to get the kayak up to 5.6 on a sprint.

The Delta 15.5 GT has enough room behind the adjustable seat for my cover, a large sponge, and 2 bottles of water. I also have enough room ahead of my feet to hold a 10L drybag. A shorter person could hold double that. Having the Day Hatch in front of the cockpit is key...perfect for my cell phone,GoPro, extra water, rain jacket, Map and GPS.

Tracking is quite good, slightly sensitive to loading - so make sure to balance your gear properly when packing. The Rudder performed well during a 4 mile open water paddle with 25 mph gusts, and didn't seem to effect my speed. I do like the "gas peddle" style foot braces - comfortable and very responsive. Hatches were tight and waterproof.

In Summary - The Delta 15.5 GT is a well designed kayak suitable for cruising and camping. It's fast, tracks & handles crisply, and will stay with longer boats.Huge storage makes this a great camping or exploring boat. AND, you'll get compliments everywhere you go.

Bought a Delta 15.5GT in...

Bought a Delta 15.5GT in April and have had it out several times. Moved up from a rec set up for salt water fishing. After adjusting to getting in & out, this kayak is awesome... fast, stable, holds a weeks+ worth of camping gear easily, and everyone who sees it gives compliments. Have had it on medium to large rivers, and fairly large lakes.

The glide is incredible... on flat water I'm gliding 50 yards on 4 paddle strokes... and it's quiet, no bow slap, etc. The rudder works nicely especially in following seas and winds. It tracked well in 20mph headwinds. turns like a pair of GS skis, so ultra narrow fast current streams take some care. 10-15 mile paddles boarder effortless.
Very pleased with the boat.