• 21.25" Width

Nomad GTS Description

The Nomad GTS is a kayak brought to you by Current Designs. Read Nomad GTS reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Current Designs
Nomad GTS Reviews

Read reviews for the Nomad GTS by Current Designs as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Excellent boat. ...

Excellent boat. Purchased it new in 2014 and have been very happy with the performance.

The smart rudder option should be the standard option and the base price raised to accommodate a toe steer rudder. But you won't need to use a rudder most of the time- this boat tracks beautifully. The base rudder works OK.

The standard seat back is not very comfortable for longer paddles. The optional adjustable seatback works WONDERFULLY and the spray skirt fits over the seatback when raised above the back of the cockpit. Well worth the small extra cost for the improvement in paddling comfort. Note to CD- put the adjustable seatback on all your North American boats.

My boat is the Kevlar high volume model. HV makes entry and exit easier (I'm 62 years old, 5'10" and weigh 190) and creates more wiggle room for my legs on longer paddles.

Fit and finish is excellent. Straight line speed is rewarding- a 12-14 mile flat water paddle is within easy reach on an afternoon paddle with modest paddling effort. I use a Werner bent shaft Kaliste paddle.

In short, this boat replaced my CD Oracle and is a nice step up for hauling more weight.

Nomad is the same as CD...

Nomad is the same as CD Extreme with a few changes like glass bulkheads and seating. Weights and hull / deck are the same so look there for reviews also. I have an Extreme which is a great kayak. Me at 6' 220 -225 the HV would be a bit more roomy

Very fast gear hauler. ...

Very fast gear hauler. Took me awhile to get used to the rudder but I have learned to really appreciate it after having paddled rudderless boats for years. Mine is a Kevlar layup and has been tougher than I expected. The cockpit could be a little longer as I find it a bit difficult to get in and out of the boat but I think practice will provide a remedy for this. The trade off is it's a secure feeling with sprayskirt attached without a lot of room for water implosion. Traditional sweep or C rolling is difficult but doable due to the depth of the boat behind the cockpit. Forward finish roll is easy. Manufacturing quality is excellent.

love my Nomad- fast; large...

love my Nomad- fast; large storage. Handles waves well.