Win a Kayak
  • $ 739 MSRP

Avalon 120 Description

The Avalon 120 sit-on-top fishing kayak is just what an angler needs. The affordable, lightweight kayak tracks well on any lake, stream or river. Built for maximum back support, the exceptional seating system features a no slip bottom and plush upper back cushioning. The Avalon 120 offers a range of must have features that all come standard such as, two round storage hatches with removable bags, a rear storage well with integrated tie-down bungee cords, recessed tackle holders, two convenient ditty trays and YakAttack mounts to mount all your gear. Accessories also include three rod holders - one swivel and two flush mounts, adjustable foot braces, carrying handles, paddle holders and a self-bailing system.

Avalon 120 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Avalon 120.

Avalon 120 Specifications

• Cushioned carrying handles
  • Adjustable Foot Brace System
  • Adjustable rod holder
  • Two 9" round clamshell hatches with removable bags
  • Adjustable seat with pull straps

• Activity Type: Fishing & Hunting, Kayak Fishing
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Avalon 120

Third Coast Paddlesports
Avalon 120 Reviews

Read reviews for the Avalon 120 by Third Coast Paddlesports as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I got this kayak at...

I got this kayak at Walmart for under $500. I have had cheap fishing kayaks before, this one is incredible by comparison. I use it for trolling trout on Deep Mountain Lakes. It tracks well, has plenty of room for all of my gear, lots of room on the gear tracks, and is light enough to move around by myself. Outfitted with a downrigger, fish locator, anchor trolley, battery, aux power outlet, nav lights, and 6 rod holders I still came in at less money than buying a big name fishing kayak with no gear. At the end of a four hour trip I have to empty out about a gallon of water. I have been unable to find the leak, it may just be water coming through a top hatch from my paddle.

I was surprised to get...

I was surprised to get this quality of kayak at Wal-Mart but I am sure glad they had them. I have been very pleased with the quality and performance of the kayak. Very good storage, accessory rail, rod holder and the seat is sturdy enough for my 255lb load. I would recommend this kayak to anyone. My friends with the high end, high dollar kayaks have been impressed by how much quality I got for the money. It holds up to the abuse of sharp rocks shallow creeks.

So far, its been a great...

So far, its been a great experience. Bought mine as a floor model at a local Wal-Mart. Reduced price because of missing cat bags. Contacted Third Coast and for free they shipped the replacements.

I've taken my kayak out on a few fishing expeditions so far. It tracks really well. Very good maneuverability. Pretty stable and durable.

Ample Storage. No leaks. Zero water in chamber at the end of the day. Just a drop or two from getting in and out via lids in the rain. So no real issues as far as waterproofing. Happy so far.

Been enjoyable and I think it does a great job. You hear a lot of people saying not to buy these Wal-Mart brand Kayaks. I disagree. This has been a great purchase so far. The company was extremely helpful. The quality is great. No complaints. So when people talk about spending 1,200.00 on a fishing Kayak, I look at my floor model from Third Coast and think... Man your dumb. $1,200.00!?!?!?!

Lol. Seriously. Very happy. Thanks 3rd Coast.

Avalon 120

Bought this kayak a few days ago at Walmart, this was not their usual brand. I have a SunDolphin Excursion 12' fishing kayak, it was the reason for buying the Avalon by 3rd Coast. Sundolphin was not a good fishing experience, nothing convenient for fishing, the Avalon however was different, much more storage space and very stable, fast and tracks 5 to 1 better than the SunDolphin. I will add a fish finder, anchor trolly and a few more accessories and should be about all I need for enjoyable river fishing. Three waterproof compartments and adequate space in the rear for cooler are a major plus. Cup holder is also well placed, overall very pleased so far with quality and usability.