Tribute 10.0

by Perception

Roll up the yoga mat and take your workout to the outdoors!

The tribute is specially engineered for smaller framed paddlers, but unlike others in its class, maintains performance and roomy comfort. With good tracking, maneuverability, and surprising speed, there's no better recreational kayak for that cardio exercise or a full day of paddling.

Have been paddling several years (canoes, flatwater kayaks). I bought this kayak as an extra because of low weight (36 lbs), relatively narrow width for 10' kayak (26"), medium-sized cockpit (39.5 x 22), and has stern bulkhead w/hatch. A bonus was that it fits inside my minivan if I wish to do that. Fairly low profile.

On first trial it felt relatively unstable & I wasn't happy about not being able to have my legs in several positions - am 5'4", 160 lbs. - but second time I got more used to it. I then paddled several more times last summer and loved it. Easy to get in/out and I found I was able to bend one leg if I wanted. It seemed as fast as a couple of other slightly longer rec boats I have.

I used on small/med lakes, and a flatwater river. Best for day trips. Seat comfortable. I bought a Seals cockpit cover (size 2.5) and splash deck for it, which worked out great. If there were a bit of chop, water would have easily gotten into the boat because of shallow depth but the splash deck helped. I don't paddle in rough weather or real far from shore on large lakes - if so, would prefer a sprayskirt.

I recently purchased my first kayak and decided to go with the…

I recently purchased my first kayak and decided to go with the Tribute 10.0. Being a beginner, who is also female and smaller-framed, this kayak was perfect for me. It tracks great and at just 34 pounds it is easy enough for a smaller person to carry around. As a student, the smaller size of the kayak was a benefit for storage purposes, even though you do sacrifice speed on the water with a short kayak. Overall, love it, no complaints so far.