Traverse 9

• 25.5" Width

Traverse 9 Description

The Traverse 9 is a kayak brought to you by Jackson Kayak. Read Traverse 9 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Jackson Kayak
Traverse 9 Reviews

Read reviews for the Traverse 9 by Jackson Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

First, I'm 65 and this is...

First, I'm 65 and this is my second ww boat. Just learned to roll last year in this. Quite easy to roll. I like it for whitewater. Great control. Spins on a dime with opposite lean and skeg up. Turns easily without leaning as well. I bought it thinking I could travel in a straight line easily since it has a drop down skeg. Not so but it does have a large effect of helping one go straight. I have a bad back and for me the backband sucks. Worked several hours getting it better. It's just me on that I think. I need higher support for comfort. My biggest complaint is the hatch cover. Leaks. A lot. Jackson sells a hard cover and neoprene gasket kit that I just ordered to fix the leak. Hope it works. I have a Dagger Roam and it stays bone dry upside down. I shouldn't have to fix this as it cost over $1000.00 for the boat. I have the 9ft. model. Wanted the 10 for more storage capacity but it swallowed me while sitting in it. My buddy is larger than me and got the 10. He fits in it great. The 9 is just right for me. I'm 5'7" and 160. Your not going to travel any distance on flat water without some work. It pushes a wave of water with the bow that constantly tries to turn it around. That's because it's a ww boat. Haven't gps the speed yet but it's not bad. All fittings and hardware are great. It's a quality boat. I do some rapids, mostly flatwater, and bought this because it's fun and I wanted to learn something new. I can run circles around my bunch with ease. Great in rougher water, that's where it shines. Nice storage hole for beer, small cooler, towels, etc. Only reason for 4 stars is the leaking hatch cover.