NEMO Extremo Center Cart Description
Updated for 2017 in a new matte-black color with cobalt accented wheels, the heavy-duty Nemo Extremo Center Cart is as tough and rugged as the name sounds. This cart combines new flat-free, vibration reducing, solid urethane tires with a super heavy-duty frame design. Offering a superior load capacity, the Nemo Extremo takes the abuse of heavy loads and pitted paths. Transport your canoe or kayak over rocky portages. The cart frame breaks down for easy storage in your garage or kayak hatch. Maximum load capacity is 250 pounds.
NEMO Extremo Center Cart Specs and Features
- Material Description: 25mm anodized fixed frame, Airless, flat-free wheels
- Transport your canoe or kayak over rocky portages with this heavy-duty center cart
- Frame breaks down easily to stow in kayak hatch
- Includes 2 cinch straps
- Max. load capacity is 250LB
- Heavy-duty 25mm anodized fixed frame;Wheel size: 10" x 3.5";Axle width: 26mm;Weight: 6lb, 11oz
NEMO Extremo Center Cart Reviews
A kayak dolly is essential…
A kayak dolly is essential for solo kayak expeditions. I landed several times in boat ramps and other locations that required me to portage my kayak for some distance. In addition, I had a 25-mile walk with it which would have been impossible without the dolly.
While this dolly will do the work without failing, I think it could have been better. Its main qualities were that it is lightweight, has soft straps that don’t scratch my kayak, and was sufficiently robust and stable to carry the fully loaded kayak. However, it has some drawbacks which the manufacturer should remedy. These are:
- The clip joints are not made of quality steel and will rust after prolonged use in sea water and the paint job will chip off.
- Its frame is bulky and even tough it comes apart, it still has large pieces that take up precious real-estate in the stern. While that was not a problem in this journey, an expedition with more needs would be pressed to use the room for other items.
You can find a link to my review and photographs in my blog here: