Tribute 10.0

Sunset
  • $ 679 MSRP

Tribute 10.0 Description

The Tribute 10.0 is a kayak brought to you by Perception. Read Tribute 10.0 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Perception
Tribute 10.0 Reviews

Read reviews for the Tribute 10.0 by Perception as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I just got this and took...

I just got this and took it out on the lake for the first time 4/27/18 (also this is one of the first trips of the season). It felt very unstable and tipsy the first few minutes! It also felt tight/smallish, I am 5'2" and 140 pounds. After some time in it, I realized I needed to engage my core muscles more in this kayak than my previous one and that gained me a great deal more stability. It handles very well in the water and after a few hours I became comfortable in it without it feeling so small. I'm looking forward to more time in this to adjust to it. It's enjoyable to paddle. I do think I'll end up in the drink tho at some point bc stability appears to depend significantly on my balance.

Have been paddling several...

Have been paddling several years (canoes, flatwater kayaks). I bought this kayak as an extra because of low weight (36 lbs), relatively narrow width for 10' kayak (26"), medium-sized cockpit (39.5 x 22), and has stern bulkhead w/hatch. A bonus was that it fits inside my minivan if I wish to do that. Fairly low profile.

On first trial it felt relatively unstable & I wasn't happy about not being able to have my legs in several positions - am 5'4", 160 lbs. - but second time I got more used to it. I then paddled several more times last summer and loved it. Easy to get in/out and I found I was able to bend one leg if I wanted. It seemed as fast as a couple of other slightly longer rec boats I have.

I used on small/med lakes, and a flatwater river. Best for day trips. Seat comfortable. I bought a Seals cockpit cover (size 2.5) and splash deck for it, which worked out great. If there were a bit of chop, water would have easily gotten into the boat because of shallow depth but the splash deck helped. I don't paddle in rough weather or real far from shore on large lakes - if so, would prefer a sprayskirt.

I recently purchased my...

I recently purchased my first kayak and decided to go with the Tribute 10.0. Being a beginner, who is also female and smaller-framed, this kayak was perfect for me. It tracks great and at just 34 pounds it is easy enough for a smaller person to carry around. As a student, the smaller size of the kayak was a benefit for storage purposes, even though you do sacrifice speed on the water with a short kayak. Overall, love it, no complaints so far.