NRS Foam Paddle Float

by NRS

NRS Foam Paddle Float Description

A paddle float is an essential piece of safety gear. The NRS Foam Paddle Float secures easily to your paddle blade by sliding the blade into the nylon fabric pocket on the back. A webbing buckle on the front secures the paddle to the float. Your paddle acts as an outrigger support when the other blade is secured to your boat.

NRS Foam Paddle Float Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the NRS Foam Paddle Float.

NRS Foam Paddle Float Specifications

EPE closed-cell foam400-denier nylon outer shell

• Bright orange 400-denier nylon outer shell and strips of reflective tape provide a high level of visibility in low-light conditions.
  • EPE foam won't hold water and will stand up to years of abuse.
  • Measures 18" long by 8.5" wide by 3" thick.

• Sport/Activity: Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand Up Paddling, Kayak Fishing

Where to Buy the NRS Foam Paddle Float

NRS
NRS Foam Paddle Float Reviews

Read reviews for the NRS Foam Paddle Float by NRS as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

The NRS foam paddle float...

The NRS foam paddle float has advantages and disadvantages over the more common inflatable paddle float. It's primary disadvantage is the space it takes to stow it. But I find simply sliding it under the rescue straps behind my cockpit puts it right where I need it, and a couple of correct size bungees will attach it to any other spot where deck bungees are available. The main advantage, in my opinion, is the float is ready to go immediately if I capsize. I don't have to risk hypothermia while I find where it is stowed, blow it up, and then attach it to the paddle. It is ready to slide on the blade and strap to it, then extend it out while my paddle goes under the rescue straps.

It has held up to sun, sand, and repeated salt and freshwater dunkings without the foam breaking down or absorbing water...the fabric has faded, but seems as strong and tear resistant as ever. I never go out, even on calm ponds or lakes, without my NRS foam paddle float. And when I kayak camp, it makes a great cushion to sit on by the river.

NRS Foam Paddle Float