Prospector 15

• Blue Steel

45 lb
    Carbon Composite

Prospector 15 Description

The Prospector 15′ is a scaled-down version of our larger Prospectors that’s faithful to the original lines in every way. You get all the great handling features that make the Prospector a paddling legend, in a package that’s a bit smaller and more responsive. The P15 is an ideal choice for paddlers who want a tripping boat but don’t need the extra volume. Its extra responsiveness also makes the P15 a fun tandem play boat. Shown in Fiberglass.

Prospector 15 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Prospector 15.

Prospector 15 Specs and Features

• Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced

Where to Buy the Prospector 15

Nova Craft Canoe
    Prospector 15 Reviews

Read reviews for the Prospector 15 by Nova Craft Canoe as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Prospector 15

I have been paddling rivers…

I have been paddling rivers and flat water since the 60's, and have owned many different canoe brands and hull types since that time. My first really good boat was bought in the 80's - a 16 foot kevlar Nova Craft which was an amazing lake tripping/portaging boat, and after the weight of the fibreglass units, was a delightful change. For white water we have had several royalex hulls of different designs, both tandem and solo, for the various applications that we paddled. Because I am old, I was finding the my 80 pound Legend 15, which I normally paddle solo, a little to heavy to swing up and portage with, so shopped for something else. After a lot of footwork, and questions, and demo paddles, I ended up back with the nice folks at Nova Craft, and bought a Prospector 15, in the blue steel lay-up. What an amazing boat - quick and nibble on rivers, straight tracking and easy to paddle when loaded on lakes - and I can carry it anywhere like a purse. A bit of a wind catcher on big open water, as most prospectors are, but with proper gear and paddler placement that is easily rectified. Fortunately I have avoided any river pins or major rock collisions thus far, so not sure how the lay-up would match the flexibility of Royalex. The gel coat does scratch up fairly easily, but generally takes the bump and grind of river travel quite well. I do not normally offer reviews on products, but with the fit and finish of this boat, and the absolute joy of paddling it, I think it is a worthy exception. The staff at Nova Craft in London Ontario were most patient and helpful in making sure I was getting a product that really suited my needs. I still own other canoes, but this is my first choice off the rack, whether soloing or paddling tandem, river or lake. Such a great fun boat, and pretty too. Highly recommended.