Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler

Weight (lb)
$1,599
MSRP

Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler Description

The Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler is a kayak brought to you by Native Watercraft. Read Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler.

Native Watercraft
Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler Reviews

Read reviews for the Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler by Native Watercraft as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Have had the Manta Ray Propel…

Submitted by: paddler776829 on 5/14/2020
Have had the Manta Ray Propel 12 for 4 months in Rockport, TX. Also have a Jackson Journey 14 sit inside and a Hurricane Skimmer 116 sot with a framed seat and rotate the three kayaks depending on where I choose to fish for the day which depends on the wind. The Manta Ray is least affected by the wind because of the Propel system if you are not on the shallow grass flats and you have a minimum of 15” water depth, if not then you will paddle. It does paddle better than most 12’ x 33” sot kayaks due to the sharp entry on the bow and the stern. If you bring a crate, you have plenty of room in the rear tank well for bags of gear. I’m a minimalist so I bring 1 rod and a net along with a few plugs in my pfd pocket. I don’t stand to fish but you gymnast might pull that off in calm water. The reason I bought this model was to extend my range on windy days, and it only weighs 70 lbs which makes it easier to load and unload into the truck bed by myself. I think it was a good buy. It’s very stable and easy to get into and out off for those who are concerned with stability. I have not launched in the surf so I don’t know how it handles in those conditions and as a result, gave it 4 stars.

My Manta Ray has been…

Submitted by: tsd1 on 6/15/2018

My Manta Ray has been fantastic, I can peddle and fish all day long and never get tired. The kayak tracks great and cuts through the water easily. With three standard pole holders, as well as adding Scotty mounts to the tracks, I have unlimited fishing pole locations available for any option. Seriously thinking about getting a Propel 10' for the wife as she can't keep up with me in her paddle kayak.