• $ 899 MSRP

Tupelo 12 Description

Designed for cruising the waterways with comfort and efficiency, with loads of storage and convenient accessories, the Tupelo is your premier, feature laden recreational kayak. Like touring and whitewater kayaks, the Tupelo comes sized for the paddler, with the 12.5 for larger paddlers and the lighter, narrower 12.0 ideal for medium or smaller paddlers. Ideal to match one of each for a couple. Both feature Jackson's removable and super comfy Elite Seat, with adjustable lumbar support. YakAttack tracks around the deck allow for you to accessorize with RAM products like rod holders, GPS, camera mounts, smart phones and more.

Tupelo 12 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Tupelo 12.

Tupelo 12 Specifications

• Storage: Stern Hatch
  • Bulkheads: Stern

• Elite Seat 3.0 - Therm-a-Rest
  • Quick-open stern hatch
  • Yakattack gear tracks fore and aft of cockpit
  • Classic tri-hull design

• Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult, Larger Adult

Where to Buy the Tupelo 12

Jackson Kayak
Tupelo 12 Reviews

Read reviews for the Tupelo 12 by Jackson Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Good looking lightweight kayak. However.....

Like some other reviews I have posted, this one is based on testing rather than owning one. I really like the looks. It is very lightweight and has some great colors. This kayak will turn heads. The seat was one of the few that my wife found comfortable, and it is removable. I like the easy access of the hinged hatch covers, instead of rubber caps. There are gear tracks mounted on all side and the front middle for GoPro, rod and cup holders. I'm not sure I would make use of any of these, since I am a recreational paddler. Now, here is the bad (as I see it), therefore why I did not purchase one for myself.

My wife and I tried the Tupelo LT three different times at 3 different places, along with the Tupelo 12 and 12.5. We came to the same consensus. These models don't track real well and are slower than what we were expecting. I believe it is a result of the tri-hull design, which makes it very stable. The outside hulls don't run parallel with the center, thus doesn't glide as nice as other boats we've tested. The wind and current pushes this kayak around and we found ourselves having to constantly correct its course. I was also disappoint in that it doesn't have a front bulkhead. Instead, for support is a block of foam between your legs, which doesn't allow you to stuff a small cooler up front. No cup holder is provided without you having to buy an aftermarket holder to mount on one of the gear tracks. They do include a plastic water bottle that is bungeed to the foam block. It is not easy to get to and difficult to slide in and out of two very tight bungees. This setup will not hold any other container very well, other than theirs. That means you would have to empty our drinks into their plastic bottle. The sides of the cockpit are a bit flimsy, if you are going to use them to lift yourself up and out. Not as bad as the Hurricane Santee, but not as sturdy as Eddyline and other composite kayaks such as Current Designs or Swift.

I really wanted to like this kayak, since it is made in America, so good looking and reasonably priced for a lightweight.