Catalyst 11 Description
The Catalyst is a sustainable canoe paddle. Handcrafted from a combination of basswood, roasted basswood, red alder, and maple remnants from Bending Branches first-quality paddles, and giving new life to what might have gone to waste. In addition, $5 from every paddle purchased will be donated to American Rivers non-profit. The construction of the wood remnants means each blade layout is slightly unique. At 22 oz., the Catalyst is day trip ready. Designed for comfort with an ovalized shaft and a classic palm grip, this lightweight paddle will stand up to hours of paddling. The Catalyst exceeds Bending Branches strength testing standards with full Rockgard® coverage and a 2 oz. fiberglass wrap. Ideal for flatwater, it's all smooth paddling from here with the Catalyst.
Hand-crafted in Osceola, Wisconsin. The Catalyst 11 is available in lengths of 48 inches to 56 inches (in 2-inch increments).
Catalyst 11 Specs and Features
- Material Description: The blade is a combination of red alder, maple, roasted basswood, basswood and the shaft is solid basswood.
- Reuses excess material
- Unique blade layouts
- Help support a worthy cause: $5 from every paddle purchased will be donated to American Rivers
- Hand-crafted in Osceola, Wisconsin
- Classic Palm Grip
- Classic teardrop blade shape
- Full Rockgard® protection