AntiX Medium

Weight (lb)
$1,199
MSRP

AntiX Medium Description

The AntiX Medium is a kayak brought to you by Jackson Kayak. Read AntiX Medium reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

AntiX Medium Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the AntiX Medium.

Jackson Kayak
AntiX Medium Reviews

Read reviews for the AntiX Medium by Jackson Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

AntiX Medium

I've owned this boat since…

I've owned this boat since summer of 2017. I'm an amateur WW kayaker. Three years ago when getting into WW kayaking, I rented a few WW kayaks, and eventually settled on a JK AntiX medium (I'm 5'10", ~185 lbs). What I like about the boat - has nice edges (can eddy out/in readily), it's highly stable, easy to roll in, is nice boat to learn how to surf, and decent bow for most large water (I mostly do class 3 creeking and river running). There are cons - I wish boat had more speed, as sometimes when I'm on 6-8 mile WW river trip, I have to paddle harder to keep up with the paddle buddies in larger boats, so it tracks OK, but would not recommend for long river trips. I do a lot of creeking in the spring, so sometimes wish I had more bow volume (antiX medium is about 63 gallons), but overall, I am pleased with the AntiX medium as it can do a little bit of everything (to a certain degree). Overall, great boat to learn in, with respect to rolling, surfing, and doing class 3 whitewater. If I were to do creeking full time, or multi day trips, I would probably select a boat with larger volume and that is faster. Overall, the antiX is nice in between on the playboat/river running spectrum. I am happy with the purchase, and looking forward to learning more tricks in this boat.