Heron 9 Angler Reviews

See all reviews for Old Town Canoe and Kayak

Read reviews for the Heron 9 Angler by Old Town Canoe and Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Had this kayak since...

Had this kayak since February this year. I purchased the angler version. This kayak is only 39 lbs its easy to hull through from upstairs apartment to my pick up without a sweat. The cockpit is very roomy and love how i can bring a long a fishing bag or tackle box and still have plenty of room. The foot pedals are weak , I've already broke one accidentally dropping the yak. The seat is very uncomfortable and kayaking for hours your need a better one. Other thing which is a dislike is their are no bungee cords which isn't serious but would be nice if they them. The biggest problem is personally to me its more tipsy than other yaks but a few outings its natural feeling . Well, the small size of this yak it does pack a good punch of speed and tracks beautifully. I've had taken this yak out in the worst of conditions pouring rain and gusty winds, from slamming into logs to dropping down the steps this little yak can take a big beaten.
Overall I gave it 8/10 stars.