Esox

by Dagger

The Esox is a downriver race boat that is much more stable…

The Esox is a downriver race boat that is much more stable than an Olympic Flatwater Kayak. A beginner will still fall in the water with it, but the learning curve won't be anywhere near as steep as say with an Eagle. Falling in the water is no big deal anyway and it is refreshing. Being a high volume boat, you won't have to worry about power boat waves submerging your bow. It is fast enough in the flats considering you get the added benefit of being fast and stable in the rapids. An Orion was my first boat and all I did when I first got it was fall in the water. It was a fun challenge. The Esox too would be a fun, rather than a frustrating challenge, which might appeal even to a beginning paddler. Being almost 15 ft long and 24 inches wide, it tracks nicely. If how the boat looks is important, a downriver boat is one shapely,sexy boat. I'm rating mine a 10 because it does everything that it's supposed to do. It's actually a little bit of playboat, slalom boat, sprint boat, and surfski. Dagger did an excellent job building it and I would recommend Dagger products to anyone. I was even able to transport mine from Houston to San Antonio in my Miata, with the top down of course.