Nexus Reviews

Read reviews for the Nexus by Bell Canoe Works as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

First, I must say that I...

First, I must say that I am not a white water paddler-but more of a river tripper. I bought this boat to do some long CIII trips set up as a solo to carry gear. For that purpose, the boat works very well as long as the water is moving. As could be expected, slow water=slow canoe. The canoe is very dry and maneuverable in rough water. This was my first WW canoe, and I had no problems navigating the river with it loaded with 75lbs of gear. I also had little trouble keeping a straight line, either leaned on an edge or straight up. It just takes more skill and attention. The quality of the boat overall is good, however, the royalex seemed soft in areas and the outer vinyl coat pealed in a few pee sized areas. I give it an 8 because it serves the purpose that I purchased it for.