paddling.com - Privacy Statement
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personally identifiable information, such as names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, demographic information, and similar information in a variety of situations, including but not limited to the following:
- Paddling.com needs certain personal information if you wish to register for a user profile, receive email newsletters, or use certain services.
- Where required, this information may include your contact information. paddling.com information to reply to your inquiries, to set up your members account, to provide you with requested services, and to contact you regarding new services.
- Subscribing to our email newsletters is voluntary and you can unsubscribe at any time by simply following the instructions at the bottom of each newsletter.
- paddling.com does not allows third party access to any of the personal information you submit.
- If subscribing to the email newsletter your email address will only be used for that purpose and will not be provided to any third parties.
- paddling.com may use your general location to help provide you with better information for services such as the launch map.
- Any purchase made on paddling.com will also collect certain financial information.
Information Collected Automatically. Our website and apps automatically collect certain information, such as your IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring website address. This helps facilitate your online experience at our website/apps.
Children. Paddling,Inc. prohibits registration by, and does not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Credit Card Companies; Third Party Payment Services As in any transaction, your credit card company will have all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, and date and total cost. Paddling, Inc. will not otherwise provide any personal data to your credit card company. In some cases, we use third party payment and transaction services to facilitate your transactions and process your orders. In such cases, we will share your personal information and credit card information with the third party payment services solely for the purpose of completing the transaction or processing your order.
Public Postings. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information, personal or otherwise, online in any community area (whether through Paddling, Inc.'s websites or any other service available online), that information can be collected and used by others. Accordingly, you should use caution when sharing any personal information with others in any community area (whether through Paddling, Inc.’s websites or any other service available online).
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any personal information to paddling.com. If you have provided personal information to paddling.com and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please contact us for prompt removal.
How to Access your Personal Information
- paddling.com gives you the ability to edit your Account Information and preferences at any time.
- You are also able to request deletion of your paddling.com account at any time. To have your account deleted, please contact us.
- You may unsubscribe to any of our online e-mail updates or newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message.
- If you have opted out of receiving future e-mails from us, we will implement your opt-out request within 10 business days of receiving the opt-out request. If you have opted out of receiving future promotional materials by regular mail, we will implement your opt-out request within a commercially reasonable time
- We safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Should you believe your personal safety is threatened or that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the local, state/provincial or federal law enforcement agencies directly.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt important information, such as your credit card data, in an effort to prevent unauthorized access during transmission of your orders over the Internet. We incorporate standard industry practices suitable to the degree of sensitivity of the information involved to maintain the security of your personal information and to avoid its disclosure except as described in this policy. Your personal information may also be protected by the password you created when you registered at one of our websites where this feature is offered. The confidentiality of any password is yours to protect. You may change it anytime by following the instructions at the website where you registered. Although we use our best efforts to assure that your data remains secure when maintained by us, security during Internet transmissions or within any system cannot be assured. Paddling, Inc. employees are made aware of its privacy practices through periodic communications and training. We limit access to personal data only to those Paddling, Inc. employees or agents with a specific need to access or retrieve this information. We store data on multiple service systems, in controlled, secure environments. Remember, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, and we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party.
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We also take steps to ensure that only those Paddling, Inc. employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to sensitive information from or about you are granted access. When you enter payment information (such as credit card information on our order forms), we encrypt that information using secure industry standard protocols for billing transmission in order to help protect the financial information you send us. Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the Paddling, Inc. websites, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your paddling.com Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, paddling.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- paddling.com may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this statement from time to time. Please review this statement periodically. Your continued use of paddling.com websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions about this privacy statement, or your own personal information, please contact us.
Changes in Corporate Structure. In developing our business, we might sell certain assets, or the company, or parts of it, may be sold, merged or otherwise transferred. In such transactions, user information, whether personally identifiable or otherwise, may be one of the transferred assets.
Additionally, we use third-party companies to collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit one of our websites. Some of these third-party companies collect information when serving ads on our sites, while others collect information without showing ads on our sites. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to our sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
V. HOW DO WE USE WEB BEACONS, WEB ANALYTICS, AND OTHER BEHAVIORAL MARKETING TECHNOLOGIES? A number of technologies exist to assess consumer behavior both on-line and off-line. Paddling, Inc. employs a variety of these technologies, including web beacons (see below), web analytics techniques, and other behavior marketing technologies, to assess consumer behavior and to understand how we can better serve our customers. Many of these technologies are provided to Paddling, Inc. via third party providers specializing in behavioral marketing and consumer behavior. In the course of using these behavioral marketing technologies, we automatically collect non-personal information from you, including but not limited to the following types of information: Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login, e-mail address; computer and connection information such as browser type and related browser data; content viewed; and purchase history, which may be aggregated with other information for analytic purposes.
Some of our web pages, promotional e-mail messages, and/or newsletters may contain electronic images known as web beacons, which are also called single-pixel gifs. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information, but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about the usage of our websites and to track the number of users who have opened and acted up our promotional e-mail messages. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS? Some of the banner ads displayed in our websites are provided by third parties. These ads contain cookies and may also contain web beacons. Unlike cookies and web beacons used by Paddling, Inc. in content it controls on its websites, cookies or web beacons received with banner ads are collected by our advertisers and we do not have access to this information. We use third parties to serve some or all of the advertisements that are placed within our sites and they may use information (not including personally identifiable information) about your visits to our sites and other sites to assist in serving advertisements to you. These companies may employ cookies, web beacons, and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. They may share anonymous information with their clients such as date/time of the banner ad shown, the specific ad shown, the IP address, etc. DoubleClick is our primary third party ad server. If you would like to know more about their information gathering practices and “opt-out” procedures, please see http://www.doubleclick.com/us/corporate/privacy.
IX. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Paddling, Inc. is strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children who visit our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under 13. Many of our sites include chat rooms, bulletin boards and other features that we believe are unsuitable for children under 13 and which are not necessarily monitored. We encourage all parents to talk to their kids about online safety and to monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
X. THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS In the event that you provide personal information to any third party via any Paddling, Inc. website or any offer made available to you by Paddling, Inc., you understand that Paddling, Inc. is not responsible for such third parties’ use or misuse of your personal information. You should review the privacy and information sharing practices of such third parties. Additionally, Paddling, Inc. may offer links to or from websites it controls to other sites within the Paddling, Inc. family as well as to sites operated by third parties. We offer links to third party sites so that you can conveniently visit our vendors and advertisers or locate other content likely to be of interest. We are not responsible for the content, practices or policies of sites operated by third parties and urge you to inquire about them before providing any personally-identifiable information.
XII. VISITORS AND SUBSCRIBERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
All matters relating to these sites are governed by the laws of the State of Michigan in the United States. Any information you provide in subscribing to one of our publications or registering or ordering at one of our websites will be transferred to the United States. By visiting our sites and submitting information, you authorize this transfer, processing and use.