Explore the islands and fiords of southern Chile. FROM CHILEAN WINERIES TO THE SAN RAFAEL GLACIER. This tour allows you to experience the best of what Chile has to offer in a mothership style sea kayaking tour: wine, wildlife and wilderness paired with sea kayaking in one of the most stunning places on earth, all from the comfort & convenience of a personal expedition ship. Spirit of the West Adventures has crafted this trip to take in most of the highlights that they’ve discovered over the past 8 years of travelling to the area, and feel that it is an excellent & in-depth introduction to the area. Highlights include paddling in beautiful & pristine Traiguén & Goñi Islands finding traces of the original inhabitants of the area among small islands of the archipelago, viewing abundant wildlife, soaking in hot springs, basking in the immensity of the San Rafael Glacier and taking in a traditional asado (barbecue) at a remote estancia. Visit the website for all details & the tour itinerary.Check availablity or book now with Spirit of the West Adventures
Guides have extensive training and experience (paddling skills, rescue and first aid, certified by the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC) and are experts at helping you to experience the ocean, wilderness and the natural & cultural history of the area.
High-quality Fiberglass single and double kayaks (Seaward, Atlantis, Current Designs and Nimbus), Werner and Nimbus paddles, top-of-the-line paddling safety gear, fully stocked first aid kits, communication equipment, Kokatat paddling/rain jackets & pants, extensive cooking and camping equipment provided.
If you must cancel your tour, your refund is as follows:
- Earlier than 60 days before trip – If we have not had to turn customers away, full amount is refunded less a $150 administration fee per guest. If we have had to turn customers away, the deposit is retained.
- 59-30 days before trip – 50% of total tour price is refunded.
- Later than 30 days before trip – No refund will be given, unless we can find someone to fill your space. In this case, only the deposit is retained.
- Departure Months: January, February
- Trip Duration: Extended Trip
- Sport/Activity: Kayaking
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean
- Services Available: Guided, Route Planning, Shuttle, Gear Rental, Meals
- Group Rates: Yes