A perfect 3 day trip! You'll cover 35 miles, which is about 12 hours of total on-water paddle time. You'll be putting on the river where most users are taking off the river. There are some great bluff views and in normal water conditions you'll find plenty of sand bars to camp on.Check availablity or book now with WI River Outings
While the river is generally shallow, there are drop-offs. Those who are not strong swimmers should always where their life jacket when their feet are wet.
WI River Outings rents: sleeping bags, tents, inflatable sleeping mats, camp tables, camp chairs, seat backs and HIGHLY recommends at least a dry bag.
The river is wide, so shade can be at a premium. If it's windy, it will generally be in your face since you're heading southwest. You'll learn to read the river quickly to avoid submerged sand bars. The most challenging part of the entire trip is making the turn into the Boscobel landing.
- Departure Months: May, June, July, August, September, October
- Trip Duration: 2-3 Day Trip
- Sport/Activity: Kayaking, Canoeing, Fishing
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
- Services Available: Route Planning, Shuttle, Gear Rental
- Skill Level: Yes