Shenandoah River Outfitters' whitewater day trip can be up to 12 miles or shortened to 8 miles or 6 miles. It goes thru flat water, water with little riffles, 2 ledge drops of 1 1/2 ft and then Compton's Rapid that is a Class II rapid and has 1 1/2 to 2 ft waves. There is a deep pool after the rapid to float to if you turn over! Stop on the left bank there to swim. The take out is #19 another 2 miles. Do plan your trip to arrive at your pick up time. Last pick up time is 5 PM.Check availablity or book now with Shenandoah River Outfitters, Inc.
- Departure Months: April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Trip Duration: Day Trip
- Sport/Activity: Kayaking, Canoeing, Kayak Fishing
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Water Type: River/Creek (Up to Class II)
- Services Available: Route Planning, Shuttle
- Skill Level: Yes