The Haven

The Haven Description

The Haven is a folding tandem with impeccable performance and unmatched portability. Oru Kayaks also added “versatility” to their toolbelt – the Haven easily converts to a single-seater high performance kayak with the switch of a few buckles, for those times when you just want to fly solo for a bit.

The Haven combines the stability and quick setup of the Beach LT with the performance and speed of the Coast XT - it's a boat with endless possibilities.

The Haven Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the The Haven .

The Haven Specifications

• Seating Configuration: Solo, Tandem
  • Length: 16'
  • Width: 31"
  • Primary Material: Folding/Inflatable

Made of 5mm double-layered custom-extruded polypropylene, Manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles, 10-year UV treatment, One-year warranty

The Haven Features

• Structure: Folding
  • Cockpit Type: Sit Inside

• The world's first origami tandem kayak
  • Supports both two seater and single seater configurations
  • Integrated track system supports accessories including cup holders, fishing rods and more!
  • Folds up into the size of a large portfolio or suitcase
  • Stash it pretty much anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
  • Standard accessories fit into the folded up boat
  • Note: Unfortunatley The Haven IS NOT compatible with the Oru Pack accessory.
  • Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
  • Superior tracking and speed due to rigid hull and fold patterns

• Activity Type: Recreation
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the The Haven

Oru Kayak
The Haven Reviews

Read reviews for the The Haven by Oru Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I was excited to see that...

I was excited to see that Oru started making a tandem kayak... even better that you could configure it for one person. Overall, I think it goes together easily (each time gets a little easier), and taking it apart is a breeze. My first trip out was on a windy day (up to 15 mph gusts) as a single. I weigh close to 200#, and what I found was the boat stayed too high in the bow. In quiet waters next to shore, it tracked well. When I got out into the wind, it was a beast to keep in a straight line. The following day, I tried it with my paddling partner, and it performed beautifully, with winds up to 20mph. The kayak wanted to stay broadside to the wind, but with a lot less effort than the previous day, we could keep going the direction we wanted to go. The same day, I let my partner out, and then tried sitting in the forward seat (rather than the middle one), and that configuration didn't do well in the wind either. My plan for solo kayaking in the future is to stow some ballast in the bow, and see how that works. Overall, I think it's a very nice option for a tandem, but its performance as a solo (unless VERY calm wind) is a little dubious.