Swift Cruiser 14.8

Swift Cruiser 14.8 Description

The Swift Cruiser 14.8 is a kayak brought to you by Swift Canoe & Kayak. Read Swift Cruiser 14.8 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Swift Cruiser 14.8 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Swift Cruiser 14.8.

Swift Canoe & Kayak
Swift Cruiser 14.8 Reviews

Read reviews for the Swift Cruiser 14.8 by Swift Canoe & Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I received my Swift Cruiser…

Submitted by: Scriv on 9/29/2020
I received my Swift Cruiser 14.8 today from my dealer. I ordered the expedition kevlar without any gel coat two tone. Upon arriving at the put in I began the process of unloading the boat from the truck. The first thing I noticed was the weight, or should I say lack thereof. It was a breeze to handle on my own. I waded out a bit for the launch. As I got in I noticed that initial stability was playful, but certainly not as much so as my previous dedicated solo. After the initial strokes, a brief test showed the secondary stability was substantial. The dealer described it as you could sit there and eat a sandwich. I wish I had one because it sure felt like I could. In fact I could reach around and grab gear without fearing a swim. Ok, so what do you really want to know? The boat is fast. Not that i'm a speedy kind of guy, but day tripping is my thing, and this equates to less energy to paddle all day. It trimmed out well. The small amount of water I got in the boat seemed to spread out fairly evenly rather than pooling in the rear which was what my other boat did. I believe that you could trim the boat any way you like by adjusting pack location. I then noticed that the boat tracks well. It was easy to keep on course, it did turn decent when flat, but really came into it's own when heeled over. It was very confidence inspiring when I crashed through boat wakes, actually was fun. If flat water day paddles are your thing this is a boat you will want to try. I had to do a lot of research due to the covid thing cancelling the demo day. I trusted my gut, and it paid off big. Very happy with this boat, and anticipate it getting better as we forge a bond.