This Product Has Been Discontinued

Swell Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Swell.

Sun Kayaks
Swell Reviews

Read reviews for the Swell by Sun Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Swell

This is a great little…

This is a great little sit-on-top. I would recommend it if you are looking for a sit-on-top that can do more than surf waves. I don't often go to the ocean, but I live near the Delaware and Lehigh rivers which include some rough waters. We also have an 8 mile lake nearby. This one can handle them all. It goes through waves like they don't exist. I've been used to a keowee tandem, a pungo and a critter. When I first used the swell, I was not very impressed. It takes a lot more expertise to keep it on track. Since I had bought it, I was determined to keep using it. Once your skills get better, you won't want to use the others. I canoed for years, so the basic instinct was there, it just took practice. The Swell will almost turn by itself when you shift your weight just minutely. Now I can keep it on track, even with power strokes, if I'm in a hurry. If you want to have some fun, give it a chance. It's more than just a ride.