Shiva L

Shiva L Description

The Shiva L is a kayak brought to you by Pyranha. Read Shiva L reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Pyranha
Shiva L Reviews

Read reviews for the Shiva L by Pyranha as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have a Large Pyranha...

I have a Large Pyranha Shiva. I was looking for a creek boat and a used boat became available at a good price. The boat is a solid creeker. As advertised it resurfaces well after a drop and doesn't get a lot of tail suck from ledges and holes.

I have actually found it pretty easy to front surf. The planing hull and rounded bow help. It turns well which if you're new to creek boats you may find it a bit challenging to go straight. While the Large model fits my weight, the cockpit is a bit high and wide, limiting my points of contact with the boat.

The racheting backband is great. Very supportive. It's difficult to move the seat and your only able to do so by about an inch so its not really worth it. I'm not impressed with the hardware- screws seem to work loose, I have already lost a bulkhead nut and it is a non standard size. Plastic seems a bit thin compared to some other manufacturers yet boat is on the heavy end when compared to others. The drain plug design could be better (I've already lost one).

All in all a solid creeker, just a little lacking on the finishing touches.