Ace Helmet

by ProTec

Ace Helmet Description

The Ace Helmet is a accessory brought to you by ProTec. Read Ace Helmet reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

ProTec
Ace Helmet Reviews

Read reviews for the Ace Helmet by ProTec as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought a ProTec Ace...

I bought a ProTec Ace helmet a few years ago. They were closing out the purple metalic and only had the Small/Medium left. Being a big guy I figured if it didn't fit me then I had a helmet for my girlfriend. Without the additional fitting foam it fit my head like a glove. The liner foam is very soft and all day comfortable (it makes the liner of the other helmets I've used feel like Balsa wood).

Being painted the surface scratches somewhat easily. I have a habit of hitting strainers and even of hitting my head on the bottom while doing a "fish survey" - and I figure every scratch is a reminder that it has done it's job. I've never had the helmet come loose or even become uncomfortable (get one that fits without adding the stiffer fitting foam pieces). It doesn't grab going over falls or even when you're swimming in a current.

I highly recommend it. I use a soft Salamander visor velcro'ed to it. This helmet is very durable and very comfortable. There is no other helmet that I would recommend. The comfort factor is very important - because you need to have it on for it to do any good...