KingFish

• MSRP

This Product Has Been Discontinued

KingFish Description

The KingFish is a kayak brought to you by Perception. Read KingFish reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Perception
KingFish Reviews

Read reviews for the KingFish by Perception as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This is not a kayak built...

This is not a kayak built for speed, but it is built for stability and is great in shallow water. I have taken this kayak out with my 7 year old daughter sitting on the back of it many times and even though she squirms a lot, it always feels very stable. I do have to work to keep up the same speed as faster boats, but I feel like I have an advantage over most boats in the shallows, and I don't get stuck as often on rocks as my partners.

I have heard that this kayak is designed to be able to have a trolling motor mounted on the rear, but I have not tried it yet. It does come with 2 molded rod holders behind the seat, and a large storage area at the front.

I am pleased with this boat for what it is. I have only used it as a recreational kayak at this point, but it is set up well for fishing, and I believe it will serve me well for some light rapids while cruising down the river.