• $ 849 MSRP

Inuit 12.5 Description

Day touring at its best, the Inuit series is a comprehensive mixture of speed, stability and comfort. Featuring the Airestream seat back system with adjustable back support, the Inuit series is one of the most comfortable day touring kayaks on the market. In addition, the Inuit offers ample storage options to help you pack all the gear you need for a day on the water. Available with or without rudder.

Inuit 12.5 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Inuit 12.5.

Inuit 12.5 Specifications

• Cockpit Type: Sit Inside
  • Rudder/Skeg: Rudder Available
  • Storage: Bow Hatch, Stern Hatch

• Activity Type: Recreation, Touring
  • Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
  • Duration: Day Trip
  • Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Inuit 12.5

Liquidlogic Kayaks
Inuit 12.5 Reviews

Read reviews for the Inuit 12.5 by Liquidlogic Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Great Kayak

Glad to see LL brought this kayak back into production. I got mine in 2013 and can say it is a stellar kayak. I have paddled 35 miles over two days, stayed comfortable and it performed fantastic. Would definitely recommend this. Now that they are making it again, I may have to get the 14.5 version as well!

This review was originally posted on liquidlogickayaks.com and was re-posted with permission.

Great Sea Kayak for beginners

I bought a LL Inuit 11.5' back in 2011 and I must say that it is an excellent boat. For a new kayaker, these boats probably have the most features and are easily the most capable for the money.

Speed: I have found these Inuits to be very fast boats capable of great speed with little effort, even in rough seas.

Maneuverability: one thing sea kayaks aren't know for is their ability to turn fast like a typical whitewater kayak. But the Inuit manages to retain good agility, particularly the 11.5' models. This can come in handy for maneuvering in small waterways or in rough currents.

Stability: an outstanding feature of the Inuit is its stability. Very easy to get into and out of as well when paddling or maneuvering.

Features: good ergonomics with an adjustable seat and seat back, foot blocks and knee braces. Nice big fore and aft watertight compartments allow me to carry all my gear with me, both internally as well as external tie down bungees for my bilge kit, sandals and my deck bag.

The only downsides I can see is that these Inuit kayaks are a little heavy - but built like a brick sh*thouse! - and they are a little pricey compared to a Big 5 or WalMart special. Then again, you get what you pay for!

An Inuit is an excellent boat to get into sea kayaking with and will give you years of adventures. Advanced or expert paddlers may want to upgrade from an Inuit but you'll have to put in a lot of years of paddling before a more advanced rig will be of benefit to you over an Inuit. If you can get an Inuit, buy it! You won't regret it.

The Best Kayak I've Ever Paddled!

I bought my Inuit 12.5 in 2013 after trying out 20+ other boats at a local demo day event and I have never once second-guessed my decision. The Inuit's super adjustable seat, wonderful tracking, and ample storage have me loving my kayak each time I plop myself inside the perfectly designed cockpit. Upon hearing news from my friend, I was dumbfounded to learn that LL discontinued this perfect kayak. I am overjoyed that LL decided to bring the Inuit line back so that other paddlers can experience the pure bliss that I enjoy every time I get in my kayak.

Love my boat!

I have had my Inuit 12.5 for 3 years now and absoultly love it! When they say you can store all your gear, they are not lying. I use my boat to go Kayak camping all the time and I can bring way more than when I go back packing. Also love the decklines for tying down additional gear. Cant say enough about the versitlity of this boat. Its at home on lakes, rivers and Creeks. I would'nt do whitewater but I have been on a large lake with 2ft+ waves and It was a blast. Very Stable!!

Glad to see such a good Kayak back in the lineup

Glad to see Liquidlogic bringing back the Inuit. We own 2 of the 12.5s that we got about 3 years ago. We have found them to be very easy to paddle and love how well they cut through the water. each time we hit the water we paddle about 4 miles and stay on the water for 2 to 4 hours. our friends how have never paddled before have also found the Kayak to be nice a stable and easy to paddle and learn in as well.

My wife and I kayak...

My wife and I kayak exclusively in local lakes, so before we purchased our own boats, we rented a lot and attended promotional events that allowed us to try multiple brands and models. Out of all the boats we tried, we were most impressed with the Native Watercraft Inuit models. We found them smooth, not too wide, reasonably quick, and excellent trackers. The seats were the most comfortable we'd ever tried. We were totally prepared to buy them, but suddenly could not find them for sale any longer in any of our local outlets, so we "settled" for Perception kayaks, though settling is not really fair to Perception, because their boats are really nice. We simply like the Inuits better, and would have bought them if we could have found them.

I purchased my Inuit 12.5...

I purchased my Inuit 12.5 looking for a small general purpose boat that is easy to throw on my truck and go for a short (3-4 hour) ride. It is equipped with a rudder.

In flatwater and creek running it rewards steep angle paddling with straight tracking and quick acceleration, also having pretty decent glide for such a short boat. It turns on a dime in tight areas. On lakes it cuts through chop with little to no spray. On windy days (over 25mph) the rudder made tracking and wind cocking a non issue. On most trips I have found that edging will adjust tracking enough to make the rudder a luxury and not a necessity.

I was not expecting the amount of primary stability that the Inuit has, making it a good boat for a beginner. Secondary stability is also good, I have not pushed this hard as the water is still a little cold for rolling.

Overall this is a very fun boat that is easy to control, very comfortable, and easy to adjust to multiple paddlers with the velcro side pockets making it easy to add foam to adjust the fit of the seat. I give the Inuit a 9 because in is a good boat over a wide range of conditions. For a day tripper recreational boat it is a 10.

I purchased the inuit 14.5...

I purchased the inuit 14.5 and this is an unbelievably comfortable boat. I enjoyed the paddling and it does move pretty well, however I had a real problem with weathercocking with a mild quartering wind. it got to be real hassle keeping it straight. I'll definitely have to install a rudder. I don't think the hull chines are defined well enough. I had two sea darts that had quite a bit of rocker and I had no problems with them. Other than that sweet boat.

I've been very pleased...

I've been very pleased with the Native Inuit 12.5 on local lakes and have taken it to the bay several times and the coast a few times. If there is a more comfortable kayak seat, I haven't found it. The 12.5 is way stable, goes straight when I want it to, turns when I want it to. A lot of the boats I tried weren't as comfy and seemed hard to turn unless you had a rudder. I've been impressed by how much I can lean over when turning. The Inuit can hold its edge when turning and not flip over. Something that I thought you had to be really good to do.
I would recommend this boat to beginners to intermediate paddlers looking for their first boat.

I bought a Native Inuit...

I bought a Native Inuit 12.5 in October. It's a new boat for 2010 so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. The Inuit is wider around the cockpit than a lot of the kayaks around 12 feet, and it gets narrow in the ends faster than most boats. The cockpit is big enough it's easy to get in and out. But it doesn't feel like a big barge. I feel this boat has good stability when you are learning, and I haven't outgrown it yet. The Ends get narrow sooner than most kayaks and ride over waves and chop really nice. I don't get any spray in my face and I can edge turn this boat and still feel stable. I think it tracks fine and goes straight when I want it to but also turns faster than the other boats I tried.

I chose not to get the one with a rudder, just didn't need it, but I think it would help if you had trouble turning it yourself or paddled in tight corners. It has nice storage areas that are watertight in the bow and the stern and the hatches are really stretchy. Easy to get on and off, even on cold mornings. I haven't gotten any water in them yet, but I was told to always use dry bags just in case.

The Inuit has recessed fittings that you don't knick your hands on and deck perimeter lines and nice grab handles, the T-grip style carrier handles easy for carrying. I learned a lot about deck rigging in my kayak class, you need deck rigging that is strong for hauling the boat up the beach when its loaded and it's good to have if… when you swim… You will have something to grab onto.

I got to try a lot of boats in my lessons and at the pool I thought the Inuit was a little easier to roll than other boats around 12 feet. My instructor helped me with the outfitting and I think this really sets the Inuit apart from other kayaks. The Inuit has padded everything and thigh braces that can adjust. The instructor said the outfitting was all made from recycled materials and not foam. Its blue-ish gray fabric feels good against your skin and is all water proof. It is holding up fine for the first 5 months I've had my boat. My instructor was very patient as we "fine tuned" my thigh braces and added the right shims to the hip pads. We moved the thigh braces back so my thigh and knees would get a better grip in order to roll the boat. Other boats just didn't have as much outfitting or weren't adjustable nor comfortable enough. I felt like the outfitting was a lot like having my ski boots fit. I was either too tight or too loose in other boats I tried.

I felt like I got a custom fit with this boat, that the other boats didn't have. I can tell you having learned recently that the outfitting can make a big difference in how your kayak will perform for you. I think it's helping me progress much faster than if I had boat without the custom adjustments.

I'm enjoying paddling this boat on lakes, some slow moving rivers and have had it in some down winders on some waves. On longer paddling days I can raise the back rest for more support. The Inuit tracks just fine without a rudder, and it feels really playful and responsive in the chop and waves. As my roll gets better I hope to take it on some coastal trips.