Buy 2 Get 1 Free On All Shirts

Hornbeck 12 Standard

Hornbeck 12 Standard Description

The Hornbeck 12 Standard is a canoe brought to you by Hornbeck Boats. Read Hornbeck 12 Standard reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you!

Hornbeck Boats
Hornbeck 12 Standard Reviews

Read reviews for the Hornbeck 12 Standard by Hornbeck Boats as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

A year or so ago I bought...

A year or so ago I bought the boat because I wanted a short lightweight canoe and because my paddling partner had recently gotten replacement hips and was having some trouble getting into and her kayak. Mr. Hornbeck took lots of time with us, gave us some tips and recommended this boat model over our other choices. I have been more than happy with this choice. It is faster than I expected, handles well in wind, and is so light (at about 15 lbs.) that I am still surprised when I lift it to put on the car. It is meant to be double bladed, but I often use a single blade just because I want to. For double blading, Peter Hornbeck recommended a long (very long) paddle and this seems to work very well. The Hornbeck has turned out to be one of my better boat investments and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lightweight, canoe that can carry some freight.

Hornbeck 12 Standard