Epic V8 Pro Surfski

Epic V8 Pro Surfski Description

The new Epic V8 Pro is the perfect boat for those who want a performance upgrade from the popular V8. The V8 Pro adds 12” of length (30cm) and takes nearly 1.5” (4 cm) off of the width, creating a surfski that is livelier and faster. In terms of speed and stability, the V8 Pro fits perfectly between the Epic V8 and the V10 Sport. The V8 Pro includes the same great outfitting features of the V8, including the bow, stern and center carry handles, water bottle holder, and the patented Epic bailer. The V8 Pro will fit paddlers from 4’10” to 6’5” in height. The reduced hump under knees will be appreciated by smaller paddlers. Taller paddlers between 6’5” and 6’7” will be better suited in the V8 or V10 Sport.

Epic V8 Pro Surfski Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Epic V8 Pro Surfski.

Epic V8 Pro Surfski Specifications

• Length: 19'
  • Width: 20"
  • Deck Height: 12.6"
  • Primary Material: Fiberglass Composite

Infusion grade foam core; Composite hybrid of fiberglass, carbon fiber, and Kevlar; Vacuum infused, heat-cured epoxy

Epic V8 Pro Surfski Features

• Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Epic V8 Pro Surfski

Epic Kayaks Inc.
Epic V8 Pro Surfski Reviews

Read reviews for the Epic V8 Pro Surfski by Epic Kayaks Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Picked up my first...

Picked up my first surfski, an Epic V8 Pro this summer. After paddling a composite Necky Chatham 17 sea kayak for the past couple of years, the Epic is better in almost every regard (and I love my Chatham), Lighter, faster, more comfortable, and of course way easier to carry with the built in carry handles. It is a fantastic entry level ski for anyone with a modest amount of paddling experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of crossing over from a sea kayak to a surfski. The only time I'll paddle my Chatham now is in the dead of winter when I'm all layered up in lots of neoprene.

Love it! I'm kayaking...

Love it! I'm kayaking since 30+ years, had a dozen different boats but hands down my V8Pro Ultra is so far the best. Coming from 14'-18' 60lbs sit-ins the 19' long, 20" wide, 27lbs ski is a different world. Loading, taking it to the water, even portaging a 100 rods in BWCA is so easy! Took me some time to feel comfortable in rough water, but worst case you fall in, so what? Remounting is 2 seconds, with the bailer open in a few yards the ski is emptied. The cut-out is a terrific idea, I almost never bang the paddle to the hull. And man is this fast! I cruise 4.2mph in my 14' 28", 5.0mph in the 16' 21", 6.2 in the V8Pro. I know, it doesn't sound like a lot, however the perception is there. Maybe it's the acceleration, or the glide but it feels almost effortless since I don't push a lot of water in front of me. The rudder design is terrific, for my size 10 feet it is a perfect fit. A weed guard is pretty much a must, so is the seat pad. $20 each. Yeah, you won't haul your camping gear, even 2 bottles of water throws the ski off balance if I don't have them in the middle on the bungee behind me. To me skis are about simplicity, it's a different mindset than a touring or sea kayak where I carry 15 things with me. It is an expensive craft, like all high end kayaks but you get a big bang for your buck. If you can afford it definitely go for the Ultra layup.

I have paddled a V7 and a V8 for a bit, those are super stable entry level skis. The V8Pro is a bit more challenging so expect some learning curve. Finally, there are way bigger experts than me on surf ski dedicated forums, suggest to check them for a better comparison.