Delta Traverse 17.5T

Delta Traverse 17.5T Description

The New Traverse 17.5T is designed with adventure in mind. With its three sealed storage compartments, no need to resort to freeze-dried food packs and energy bars for meals. Hatches are large and hatch openings are wide enough to save you from stuffing your gear into them. The key feature is the middle hatch with its aft bulkhead, designed to maximize the storage capacity between the legs of the rear paddler without impeding comfort even for those with big feet. Enjoy a long weekend or week long adventures with all the gear you need to make your outings memorable.

Delta Traverse 17.5T Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Delta Traverse 17.5T.

Delta Traverse 17.5T Specifications

• Seating Configuration: Tandem
  • Length: 17' 6"
  • Width: 27"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 32.00 × 17.00"
  • Deck Height: 13.5"

• Ideal Paddler Size: Average Adult

Where to Buy the Delta Traverse 17.5T

Delta Kayaks
Delta Traverse 17.5T Reviews

Read reviews for the Delta Traverse 17.5T by Delta Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

We purchased our Delta...

We purchased our Delta tandem last year during REI's annual 20% off sale. The only other tandem I would consider would be Eddyline but I felt it was an older design with less features for the money. I'm 6'2" and have a somewhat difficult time getting in because of the mid compartment but as long as the back support is all the way down and you sit on the rear deck you can maneuver your legs in. Once in though it's pretty comfortable for the day. My big feet do have to be at a slight angle and there is a bit of difficulty using the toe rudder pedals, but not a deal breaker. The Delta is well built with good hardware and materials being used throughout. The seats are adjustable for and aft and the seat back has good adjustability too for all day comfort. The kayak looks great, paddles well, is fairly light, so getting it up onto the roof of our BMW X3 is not bad. I use The Malone wings on the roof rack and a bathtub mat with those little suction cups to protect the back end of the SUV. Mostly our adventures are day paddles on our lakes here in Arizona and the Delta has exceeded or met our expectations. We hope to throw the kayak on the roof and head out to the San Juan islands this summer for a grander adventure. To conclude, if you are thinking about a tandem I would buy a Delta without reservation.

We got our Delta Traverse...

We got our Delta Traverse 17.5 tandem kayak a couple of weeks ago from Western Canoe and Kayak in B.C. Although the weather has not allowed us to get her on the water, I can give my first impressions. We ordered it in blue which looks spectacular! The fit and finish is top notch. Getting into the rear cockpit, I noticed the middle hatch takes a bit of getting used to as it impedes slightly into the foot well. You can't just slide your feet straight in, they need to go under or around the storage hatch. Once I did it a couple of times, getting in wasn't difficult at all. The front cockpit is a perfect fit for my wife. Both she and I are fairly small, and I would strongly suggest that larger paddlers test the fit of this kayak before buying, because I would categorize this boat as a good fit for small-medium paddlers. I really like that the peddle tracks are mounted to welded-on studs and there are no hole drilled through the hull. One less place for leaks. The kayak seems very well put together and the attention to the small details sets the Delta Traverse apart from the competition. We can't wait to get her on the water!