Roam 9.5

Molten
  • 31.5" Width
  • $ 859 MSRP

Roam 9.5 Description

The Roam 9.5 is a kayak brought to you by Dagger. Read Roam 9.5 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Dagger
Roam 9.5 Reviews

Read reviews for the Roam 9.5 by Dagger as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I don't know whether this...

I don't know whether this should be a 3 or 4-star review. This is the first SOT kayak I have tried. As with all Daggers, it has excellent outfitting. A very comfortable seat, adjustable foot braces and the thigh braces are awesome! Scupper holes drain well, rigging is very good, water bottle holder and there is also a skeg. I found I like paddling without the skeg better than with it down. Very stable and very easy for my wife to get on and off of. We went with a SOT because of her deteriorating discs in her back and this boat has been a perfect match. My biggest peeve is the "carry handles". They are too far forward of this boat. Lifting it onto the car using the handles is awkward because there is too much weight in the back end. The handles should have been back another couple of inches to balance better. It's a personal preference but I also don't like the bungy cord handles at the front and back of the boat. I prefer a solid handle, especially when transporting so I can use the bow and stern lines better. Too much give in the bungy cords, you can't get a solid tight line on it.