Axiom 8.5

by Dagger
Blaze
  • 25.5" Width

Axiom 8.5 Description

The Axiom 8.5 is a kayak brought to you by Dagger. Read Axiom 8.5 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Dagger
Axiom 8.5 Reviews

Read reviews for the Axiom 8.5 by Dagger as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have been paddling the...

I have been paddling the Mamba for years. I was recently told that I needed to jump into a boat that would help fix some lazy techniques that I have developed in the Mamba. I tried this boat and was, at first, a tad shy, because I allowed the forgiving nature of the Mamba to carry me. The Axiom is not as forgiving but it is very stable. One of my weakness in the Mamba was my getting in and out of the eddy. This boat did not let me reach or smear into an eddy. It required a more correct edging technique. While I will still use my Mamba, I will use the Axiom to clean up my skills and still feel very stable and comfortable on I to III class rivers .

This is the best kayak. I...

This is the best kayak. I love it. Im into kayaking for year and a half or so. My first kayak was dagger redline (ancestor of axiom), it was good and all but i missed the rocker and bow outside of the water, yet I wanted my kayak to be manouverable and slicey. Dagger axiom has it all. it has enough volume to keep you on the water it pops right out of the big waves and yet it is still not forgiving enough to remind you about your technique. you can play with it in class II and hit class IV if you are good enough. This kayak doesnt forgive mistakes, but it is very easy to roll it back. I am very satisfied with this product. i have it for a few months now and have been on water 5 times with it, all class III-IV time will tell about its durability and harndess of material but im not doubting it. very satisfied