Vision 135 R

Vision 135 R Description

The Vision 135 R is a kayak brought to you by Current Designs. Read Vision 135 R reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Current Designs
Vision 135 R Reviews

Read reviews for the Vision 135 R by Current Designs as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I am a novice at kayaking....

I am a novice at kayaking. I purchased my Vision 135 after I had been out 4 times using friends kayaks. This kayak fits me beautifully: the cockpit is just the right size and my knees fit well on the knee rests, the seat reminds me a little of an office chair being very easily adjustable wonderful for my back, the foot rests are easy to adjust and the storage is great. The first time I went out with the 135 all the guys (I'm a 5'2" woman) kept asking me to slow down because they were hard pressed to keep up with me. The boat has a low deck which makes it easy to paddle (I hit the top of the deck in every other boat I tried unless I held my arms high as I paddled. I sat in about 20 different kayaks to find the ONE). It sits high and doesn't displace a lot of water (maybe because I don't weigh a lot), is very stable and tracks well. It's the shortest kayak I've used, easy to turn and I'll say it again - it is fast and doesn't take half the effort of the other boats I tried. The blue and white color is great looking and I feel very secure in the boat. I'm very happy with my choice and look forward to a lot of fun and adventure kayaking in the future.

I bought a Current...

I bought a Current Designs Vision 135 in April 2016. I had no previous experience with kayaks. I have some whitewater rafting experience, +10 trips down the Nantahala River. I finally decided to branch out a bit. Now to the product review:

The Vision 135 has a great feel to me, it feels like I am part of the kayak. I can control the boat with my hips and knees. It tracks fairly straight, even without a rudder. With two bulkheads there's plenty of storage for overnight trips. The Revolution seat in the Vision 135 is nice, it is adjustable every way I need it to be. The back pad height and back pad angle are adjustable and the seat tilts for more leg support. This kayak is light enough I can load it on the roof of my Tahoe with no problem, approx. 50 lbs.

I think I will be happy to use this for years to come, without feeling I NEED to upgrade. Great kayak as far I know, a great buy.

My Vision 135 is my second...

My Vision 135 is my second boat and I bought it to have a shorter boat for smaller waters. Like the other reviewer, I love this boat. Great design, nice finish and paddles like a dream in calm water as well as in current or wind-chop. It's also fast!

The seat has all sorts of adjustments and is very comfortable. The foot peg adjustment is excellent, the hatch covers seal very well. Frankly, nothing not to like.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Vision! It was the first kayak I purchased, 4 years ago. ( I have added to my fleet since then) I spent a lot of time trying out different kayaks and finally decided on the CD Vision 135 with a rudder. I have not had a complaint.

It goes where I need it too, handles well in choppy water when the wind comes up, and keeps me relatively dry. I have only needed my spray tray/half skirt a couple of times when I got caught in 20+ headwinds. My average daily paddle is around 15 miles and I find the boat to be very comfortable for my 5'5" body. Many of my friends have borrowed it and liked it enough to purchase one of their own. The roto-molded polyethylene holds up well when my eye catches something over on a rocky shore that I just have to check out. I love the stability and maneuverability of the Vision, it allows me to "sneak" up and photograph animals on shore. It also has plenty of space in the two hatches for storage or an overnight trip.

The Current Designs people have been very helpful and efficient in responding to any questions I have had. Their service is one of the best. They definitely make quality kayaks!