Win a Kayak

Raven Description

A serious kayak for paddle crazy kids. Savvy children will love the responsiveness of this performance-oriented kayak. The Raven is a sleek 20" wide for easy paddling, with a hard chine for excellent stability and predictable feel when edging to carve a turn. It is fully outfitted with front and rear hatches and two composite bulkheads. The Raven comes with adjustable foot braces, a padded seat and seat back, as well as a padded interior deck for your thighs. The only true performance kayak built just for kids.

Raven Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Raven.

Raven Specifications

• Length: 12'
  • Width: 20"
  • Cockpit Dimensions (L × W): 25.00 × 14.00"
  • Deck Height: 11"

• Ideal Paddler Size: Smaller Adult/Child

Where to Buy the Raven

Current Designs Kayaks
Raven Reviews

Read reviews for the Raven by Current Designs Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought my 8 year old...

I bought my 8 year old grandson a CD Raven after watching him struggle with a Carlina 12 for the last year or two. The difference was immediate and dramatic. We did a 2-1/2 mile paddle without difficulty or requests for a tow, and when we got back to the dock, he got out, hoisted the boat onto his shoulder (it weighs 25#), and carried it up the ramp by himself.

I could criticize a couple of things...the deck could be a little lower, and why is there a decal of a falcon on a boat that's called the Raven? but this boat is such a great leap forward for kids kayaks that I'd give it an 11 or 12 if I could. In short, it's a real kayak, made with excellent materials, well finished, with well arranged deck straps, a hatch for storage and handling to match it's good looks.

As a bonus, I happen to be just a little over the weight limit, and suspect it'll make a fine little rolling trainer, but I haven't had a chance to try in out. In any case, Current Designs deserves a round of applause for having the good sense to build this boat, and in a just world, they deserve to sell a lot of them. I just hope my grandson outgrows it before his brother notices how lame the Carolina is, otherwise I'll soon have 2 Ravens.