Compass 140

Weight (lb)
$1,999.99
MSRP

Compass 140 Description

The Compass 140 is a kayak brought to you by Boreal Design. Read Compass 140 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you!

Compass 140 Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Compass 140.

Boreal Design
Compass 140 Reviews

Read reviews for the Compass 140 by Boreal Design as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Compass 140

I have been kayaking for the…

I have been kayaking for the better part of 30 years and have enjoyed a variety of kayaks.I must say that I'm quite impressed by Boreal Design's Compass 140. After selling my tandem kayak because I just couldn't bear the thought of lifting it on to the roof of my SUV, I wanted something lightweight. Their ultralight version is listed as 42 lbs but suspect its a little more but still light enough to easily carry around. I was most impressed at how smoothly a kayak of this size tracks, yet still loose enough to turn quite sharply. It handled well in ocean waters with a slight chop. It's storage is comparable to most Touring Kayaks and I could easily pack all I needed for overnight. Primary and secondary stability are comfortable enough for a beginner as well as a seasoned kayaker. I found I could really build up speed quickly due greatly to its lighter weight. All in all a good all around kayak and am glad I chose this over a more expensive kevlar kayak.