Selling an Item
- How much does it cost to post an ad?
Free. There is no cost for private sellers to post their ads for new and used products.
- How many ads can I place at once?
All users may maintain 1 active post at all times. If more are needed, Plus and Premium Perks members may maintain 3 and 5 active posts, respectively. Check out Paddling Perks here.
- How long will my ad remain active?
Your ad will be active in the Classifieds for 90 days.
- How do I remove my ad?
You can remove your ad by viewing your ads in your profile.
- How do I post a new ad?
Be sure you have an account on paddling.com and then click on the link to Create a Post.
- Is my email address published with my ad?
No, unless of course, you put your email address in the description of the ad. (psst... don't do that).
All messaging will take place through private messaging on the forums which protects your email address from interested buyers.
- Can I include photos in my post?
Yes! You can include several photos at no charge.
- Can I include links in my post?
You can include the text but the links will not be active.
- Do I need an account on paddling.com to post an ad?
Yes, to reduce the likelihood of a scam, we do require that all sellers have a registered account on paddling.com.
- How does a buyer contact me?
We require that all potential buyers first be valid paddling.com users to reduce the likelihood of scams. Any inquiries sent by a potential buyer will show up as a private message through the paddling.com forums. To check your private messages, simply log in to the forums, click on your user icon in the top right corner, and then click on the private messages icon.
Buying an Item
- How do I contact a seller?
All potential buyers must first be registered paddling.com users.
When you click on the "Contact Seller" button, a new private message will spawn in the paddling.com forums between you and the seller. If they choose to respond, you will receive a message back from the seller.
- Do I need a user account to contact a seller?
Yes, you do need to be a registered paddling.com user and need to be logged in before sending a message. This was put in place to minimize the likelihood of scams for sellers.
- I sent a message to the seller but they never replied. What can I do?
It is entirely up to the seller as to whether they will reply back to you. You can always send a second message or contact them via phone if they list a phone number.
- Is my email address published?
No, your contact information is never published. It is your decision if you choose to share your contact information with the seller.
- How do I avoid scams?
- Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
- Do not purchase a sight-unseen—that amazing "deal" may not exist.
- How do I report a scam?
If you think you are being scammed, please contact paddling.com and we will assist in any way we can. Be sure to include any correspondence you have had with the alleged scammer. Also, you can file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Still have questions?
If you still have questions, please contact us.