Chili Carbon Crank Paddle Reviews

Read reviews for the Chili Carbon Crank Paddle by Robson Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Wanting a new play paddle...

Wanting a new play paddle to complement my Werner Player straight shaft, I ordered a Robson Chili based on the advice of my friend (and retailer). It took way too long to arrive, but it wass worth the wait. At first I found it's lightness and the crank shaft a little weird, but that took all of 30 mins to become normal. The paddle weighs so little, around 30 ounces / 800 grams, and the crank means less grip strength needed means less hand stress so at the end of some hours of non-stop play my hands felt fine. It has plenty of power for me, and my girl looks like stealing it. It does scratch very easily, which worried me at first, but the scratches after an hour in a shallow river and four hours at the Penrith White Water stadium are so shallow as to be hard to feel. I don't give 10/10 scores, as I want to encourage the manufacturers to do better and better, but the paddle is very bloody nice.