Fully-outfitted, custom kayak camping trips of 3 to 8 days. Burnham Guides is the ONLY outfitter offering kayak expeditions from both Flamingo and Everglades City/Ten Thousand Islands, giving you options to delve deeper in the Everglades than anyone else.
There is truly no other place like it on Earth. The diverse environment of Everglades National Park ranges from coastal beaches to brackish mangrove swamp to freshwater sawgrass prairie. The birdlife is unparalleled, with literally hundreds of species. Their experienced guide, Joel Beckwith, can identify them all as he leads paddlers through mangrove mazes to fascinating interior routes, where camping is on chickees and ground sites, and out into the Gulf of Mexico to camp on gorgeous palm tree beaches.
Burnham Guides offers 3-5 day loop trips out of Flamingo and Everglades city, as well as the 8-day Wilderness Waterway, traversing the Everglades from Everglades City to Flamingo.
305-240-0650; [email protected]
Quality sea kayaks and all camping gear is provided. If you bring your own, it must be at least 16-feet long with double bulkheads.
- Departure Months: January, February, March, November, December
- Trip Duration: 2-3 Day Trip, Extended Trip
- Sport/Activity: Kayaking
- Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, Open Water/Ocean
- Services Available: Guided, Route Planning, Shuttle, Gear Rental, Meals
- Group Rates: Upon Request