your paddlesports destination

IN-SU Car Rack System

by Inno

IN-SU Car Rack System Description

The IN-SU Car Rack System is a accessory brought to you by Inno. Read IN-SU Car Rack System reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. Check out a few other accessory recommendations below or explore all accessories to find the perfect one for you!

IN-SU Car Rack System Reviews

Read reviews for the IN-SU Car Rack System by Inno as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have a 2007 Honda Fit...

I have a 2007 Honda Fit and had researched the INNO rack, Yakima and Thule. INNO was my choice based on it being the lowest price point. It performs well, holding two 9-ft kayaks. I would say 90% of the time I use the Yakima bow-down kayak holder along with this rack for transporting my kayaks. The other 10% I strap the kayak directly to the rack. It has always been reliable and safe with no issues.

The reason I'm giving it 8 stars is because of noise - it's very noisy. I mean LOUD. I'm sure a fairing would remedy this. Even the Honda Dealership asked me why it was so loud when I went in for a tune-up and asked if I wanted to take it, I kayak almost every weekend. I've gotten used to the noise.

Overall it's a great rack system for the price and I would recommend it.

I bought an Inno In-Su...

I bought an Inno In-Su roof rack system in 2012 for a trip to Quetico, including a wind faring, from ORS Racks Direct. Prior to purchasing this system I reviewed the Yakima and Thule systems. For price and performance, Inno rules. The quality of the Inno system is as good as the other manufacturers for at least 30% less in cost. In addition, the Inno system comes complete with locks, etc. These are add-ons for the other systems. Installation is simple and the racks look great while on my car. I recently added an Inno bike carrier and am also very happy with that purchase.

We purchased our first...

We purchased our first Inno Kayak Rack System and found that it was so easy to install as well as use. The parts are very well made and for a less expensive option in racking we were very happy with our choice in Inno Products. The customer service you get from Inno is phenomenal to say the least. We have several pieces from Inno and have been very pleased with all of them.

Bought complete with stay...

Bought complete with stay kit for 2009 Honda Fit from ORS Racks. Overall, very satisfied with the rack. It's solid, well built, feels solid on my roof and leaves no sign that it was there after it's removed. It's a considerably better value than comparable Thule and Yakima racks.

The only downside is that the rubber feet have more of a universal-fit look, rather than 100% custom for the specific car. The rubber pads engage right where the roof has a small ledge and rubber strip (like most new cars). The pads sit snug against the roof, but they don't press right up against the ledge, leaving a visible vertical gap, especially in the front. The instructions clearly show the gap - if you move the towers outward to close up the gap, then the clamps won't engage correctly. I think Thule racks mount similarly on the Honda Fit, but I don't know if the Thule gives a more custom looking fit.

But as written already, the rack is solid and doesn't make any marks on my roof. That's far more important than the slight "universal" look to the way it mounts.
Also, a big 10 rating for ORS Racks. They were great to deal with and seem to have very competitive prices.

IN-SU Car Rack System

by Inno