Little Wing 15.5 Sail

by Warren Light Craft

I have had a Warren Little Wing 15.5 for about 3 years…

I have had a Warren Little Wing 15.5 for about 3 years. If you want a real sailboat plus an outstanding boat to paddle you can't beat the Little Wing 15.5 sail. I have had the LW up to over 10kts sailing and when you are that close to the water you feel like you are going to take-off! It tacks well, has lots of buoyancy in the akas and always gets sailors in the 26' mono hulls attention when I scream by them.

I have had many sailboats including a F-27 trimaran. This is more fun than that! It paddles well and is quite stable. My wife paddles a LW 12.5 and loves it. I also have several CLC 17's at my winter home in AZ and my mountain cabin. They are a bit faster than the LW 15.5 but sure are heavy for this 75 year old to launch and take out. Also the LW15.5 is very comfortable to sit in.

I have a blue Little Wing 15.5 trimaran. In light airs…

I have a blue Little Wing 15.5 trimaran. In light airs under 10 knots, I can outpace most windsurfers and kitesurfers. The kayak ama kit and sails weighs just 67 lbs. She is easy to car-top and for those reasons, we end up sailing more often. We had the Hobie AI but due to the heavier weight and slower speed, we upgraded to the Warren. The Hobie is a great robust craft for rougher conditions and great for fishing. The Warren tri is more for strict speed sailing.

It is probably the lightest, highest end sailing tri you can buy in that size range. She will outsail just about anything on the water under 15 knots of wind. Mine is all carbon and thus cost a lot, almost double the Hobie AI kit, but well worth it if you do a lot of sailing and it is your passion.