Utility Rack

by U.S. Rack, Inc.

I rarely give a review higher than 9, but these folks get…

I rarely give a review higher than 9, but these folks get a 10 and would give more if I could! I bought their Windstreamer rack for my Tundra and Jackson Big Rig a few years ago. The rack was great! I had to experiment a little to find the right saddle set up for the wider Big Rig, but settled on some Malone products. I constantly get questions and compliments on the racks. They are extremely easy to put on the truck, very stable, and are holding up very well after quite a bit of use.

But U.S. Racks showed why they are a great company yesterday when I inquired about parts or a new rack for my new truck...a Silverado HD 2500. I contacted them hoping to be able to buy 2 new cross bars, and they wrote back to suggest that all I needed to do was plug the hole that was used for the Tundra setup, and drill new holes for the Silverado.

They could have just as easily sold me parts or a new rack, instead they had the integrity to give me the best solution. When I thanked them for helping me, they replied "We like to take care of our customers".

Yes they do!

I had looked high and low for a truck rack. I drive…

I had looked high and low for a truck rack. I drive a Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with an over the rail bed-liner and was concerned about having to make extensive cuts into the liner to mount a rack system. I also did not want to leave the rack on the truck, so I wanted a rack that could go on and off easily and store easily in the garage. U.S. Rack's Utility rack certainly fits the bill. Most "clamp on" bed racks require you to tighten the clamping bolts from under the rails, requiring large cuts in the over the rail bed liner to accommodate the clamp, the clamp bolt and your wrench or socket. The beauty of this rack system is that all of the clamping is done by tightening the vertical rod at the top of the rack. This makes for super easy on and off. The only tool required is the supplied Allen key to insert a lock bolt to stabilize the clamp rod. It is awkward to explain the way this works, but after you see it you will marvel at its simplicity. Using this rack I mounted 2 plastic kayaks (11 ft single & 14.5 ft tandem) and the rack is rock solid and stable. Welded tie-down hooks on the side of the rack is a plus. Highly recommended.