Strike 2

by Tributary

A crossover boat sized for two, this is the tandem version of our Strike, with all the same great features. Take advantage of its size and load it with gear for a scenic fall camping getaway, or hit a runoff-swollen river in the spring for an adrenaline surge. The unique V hull design handles both well.

Paddles easy and tracks straight. Carries a heavy load and very stable…

Paddles easy and tracks straight. Carries a heavy load and very stable. Easy to paddle solo. The wheel kit is very nice and convenient for moving solo short distances. I think this is a great tandem sit on fishing kayak.

** This is an update to my 2011 review. I wanted to…

** This is an update to my 2011 review. I wanted to add more since there is little info here on paddling.net.

General thoughts:
The Tributary Strike 2 is an excellent all around inflatable. It will handle class III's and perfectly and is really stable and predictable in waves. It does not have near the rocker that say a Lynx2 has, but it punches through waves better than the Lynx2, which tends to have more floatation in the bow of the boat.

ON FLATwater the Strike2 really out performs most any "hybrid" inflatable boat. In my first review, I said that this boat was slow...well, it is...but that is compared to a hard kayak, which is not really a fair comparison. It IS faster than any inflatable that I own, which are mostly WW boats.

Durability: A+
Not one leak since 2010 and I use it 40-50 times/year. I take my dog in this boat about 10 times a year. There are a couple scuffs and scrapes on the bottom, along the bottom. none of which require repairs. There is some discoloration on the bottom as well, but that is from me leaving it docked at the lake overnight a few times, and not cleaning it properly every time.

** You may love this boat if **
You need one kayak for lots of uses... You could use this for most whitewater up to easier class IV's, but it will also not drive you crazy in flatwater. It cuts through the water pretty well. It will spin in flatwater if you quit paddling, like any other boat capable of WW though.

** I would not recommend 2 heavy paddlers.
I am 210 and my dad is 240. This combination worked in class II rivers, but the heavier paddler had to be in the back or it did not work. The heavier paddler was also sitting in a little water from the bail holes. So, the weight limit is a bit misleading, as I would not recommend harder whitewater in this configuration, because the boat does not perform as well when the bail holes are full of water and creating drag. A weight limit of 375 is probably more correct than 450 and that is why I took away a star.

It has GREAT room for a solo camping, but not so much when you have 2 people in the boat. There's plenty of room for a day trip for 2, though, and I have gotten away a few 2 person minimalist overnighters.

** Conclusion:
If I am gonna have 1 inflatable in my trunk, it would be this one. I have really not treated this boat very nice, and it has never had a real problem to speak of. I think that I will get many more good years out of it.

This boat is a good value. It has Urethane bladders like the…

This boat is a good value. It has Urethane bladders like the US made AIRES, so it will last a long time. I have heard of no failures to this day.

Pros: Pretty much everything... price, stability, quality, durability, the look, comfort, ease of cleaning, ease of use for beginners and experts.

Cons: It is kinda slow, but hey it's an inflatable that can handle some class IV's, so...

I currently own 8 kayaks, 5 of which are inflatable. I have had many other boats in the past. If I had only 1 boat in my fleet, it would be this one. It is the best all around inflatable made for under $1k for sure.

Tributary (Chinese AIRE) Strike 2 Specs: